Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day!

My partner is from DK and we have been living together for 6 documented months. We have been married now for a month.

We would like to apply for a partner visa now so she can get bridging rights and resume her studies which she did back home (very talented in nursing/ care)

My question is, the married part can waive the 12 month restriction, can it not?

And lastly, in your experiences, how long does it take before a bridging visa is granted (giving Medicare and study rights without the overseas levy)?

Thankyou in advance and sorry if this isn't written very well - just woke up.

Cheers!

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
My partner is from DK and we have been living together for 6 documented months. We have been married now for a month.

We would like to apply for a partner visa now so she can get bridging rights and resume her studies which she did back home (very talented in nursing/ care)

My question is, the married part can waive the 12 month restriction, can it not?

*** Yes it does remove the 12 month relationship requirement - but none of the requirement of the evidence/s required of the relationship.

And lastly, in your experiences, how long does it take before a bridging visa is granted (giving Medicare and study rights without the overseas levy)?

*** You need to explain your current position to get any advice here - onshore/offshore currently. If currently here on a Student Visa, be ready for a nasty surprise.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

*** Yes it does remove the 12 month relationship requirement - but none of the requirement of the evidence/s required of the relationship.

*** You need to explain your current position to get any advice here - onshore/offshore currently. If currently here on a Student Visa, be ready for a nasty surprise.
Cheers for the reply!

We have over 6 months documentation of living in our house, receipts chat logs photos family statements etc so not too worried there

Currently on a WHV so it would be onshore :)

Ask me anything else I need to show, more than happy to elaborate and thankyou for the help, appreciate it

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Have you read the Partner Migration Booklet?

It lists all the 4/5 categories of evidence areas you require.

Medicare will be available as soon as the 820 application receipt is obtained (almost as soon as you part with the $7,000).

You wont get a bridging visa until your current WHV expires.

It is very bad news for study without paying international fees for tertiary education. That is only for Citizens now I think, not even PR any more. Certainly not while waiting for a 820 grant.

** I am not up to date on these changes so it is just from my old memory.

However I do seem to think that once the PR for the 801 second stage of the 820, that it is possible to get the Student Loan for the fees - but it is still at international fees rate. For that reason I am sure it is only Citizens that don't pay international fees.

So at a guess 6-7 years until you don't pay the inflated fees.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.