Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
To apply for an onshore Partner Visa

a) You need to be onshore.
b) You need to on a substantive or meet the extra Schedule 3 requirements.
c) Need to be on a visa that allows the 820 application.
d) Need to meet all of the at time of application requirements including de facto if applicable.
e) Have lots of documented relationship evidence.

* You might want to look at what Partner Visa is best in your case and not what you want. A PMV might be all you can currently apply for or a 309 might be better if the visa is needed sooner.

- I must put a lid on that early morning sarcasm!

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hello,

I'm wanting to start my application for the partner visa.

Which one out of the three is it?

Thanks
I suggest you familiarise yourself with the process and requirements before even starting on this. It's not just a matter of filling out a form. It is way more complicated than you imagine.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Except he's not joking! The term boyfriend implies dating which immigration does not view as de facto. Best to refer to them as your partner in your application.

Here's the link for the 820/801 onshore de facto visa. It gives you step by step instructions including which option to choose.
I understand, and this is why I suggested he is funny, I like the way he worded it :)

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I understand, and this is why I suggested he is funny, I like the way he worded it :)
Most that read my posts got it like you did.

Felt like pulling teeth - so it got a smart ass reply - but still factual!

The OP will be ready to lodge an application when they can see it as a funny comment and know it was a very serious one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.