Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
My partner is living in Ireland as he was deported last April. He doesn't have a ban in place. We are applying for the Partner Visa offshore, in the next couple of months. The plan was that once we have lodged the application that myself and our two sons would be moving to ireland so we could be a family til the visa is approved. Has anyone done similar? Has it had a negative or positive effect? How quick has someone had their partner visa granted recently?

·
Premium Member
6,602 Posts
Hello!
My partner is living in Ireland as he was deported last April. He doesn't have a ban in place. We are applying for the Partner Visa offshore, in the next couple of months.
If he was deported from Australia, he will be subject to "special return criteria" 5001 and 5002.

It would depend on why he was deported, but he would have been been excluded from Australia for at least 12 months, so it is an issue that will need to be addressed in the application form.

There is no reason why you , as the sponsor, cannot live with him overseas while the application is being processed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,
Thanks for your reply!
Yes he had a 12 month exclusion period but that was over on the 22nd April this year. So the only exclusion period in place is for temp visas.
He was deported due to overstaying a working holiday visa. Okay, i was just concerned that Immigration will see that we live together as a family in Ireland and think if we can live there together as a family why do we need a visa for here and refuse it.

·
Premium Member
6,602 Posts
I’d say that being together as a family would strengthen your case. They can’t hold it against you that you want to bring your family back to Australia .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well thats what i was thinking! We have a 7 month old that he only met in June and got to spend a month with him. Just want to be a family til we can be here permanently!
Could you shed some light on what the special criteria 5001-5002 is?
Will we still need to qualify for that even though his one yr exclusion period is over?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.