Australia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 984 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Is there anyone from South Africa waiting for Partner Visas.

·
Registered
309 Posts
@selwyns where did you lodge yours. I'm Australian my husband is based in capetown
I've lodged online (I'm from Mauritius). I was told by Aus Embassy here in Mauritius (before I apply for PMV) that they do not process Family Visa and that I should lodge in Pretoria or online. Therefore I lodged online, which I assume has gone to Pretoria. In previous Aus Embassy Pretoria website (4-5 months back), they said SA Citizen PMV/Partner Visa shall be processed within 3-6 months while Non SA Citizen within 12-15 months. I still have a long time ahead :-/

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi
Yesterday was total 4 months for me..but I guess it will come soon..
I am a SA citizen so I will get in in maximum 6 months.
The wait is killing me because my husband went back to Australia in October..so we living apart till I get granted my visa ...
But I dont think it will be 15 months..from all the reviews it will be under 12 months

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Charlz

Yes we submitted on the 3rd of November via post thru migration agent.
Hi..who is your agent
Im dealing with australian migration in jhb
Im from durban

How do you go about tracking your application.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi
Yesterday was total 4 months for me..but I guess it will come soon..
I am a SA citizen so I will get in in maximum 6 months.
The wait is killing me because my husband went back to Australia in October..so we living apart till I get granted my visa ...
But I dont think it will be 15 months..from all the reviews it will be under 12 months
I'm hoping you get it ASAP too, so that there's little hope my application will soon be looked at next...Btw, you did your medicals and PC yourself without being ordered by CO right? In the affirmative, you haven't yet heard anything till now from the latter?

·
Registered
24 Posts
We also lodged visitors visa fingers crossed it will be granted as we want to be together Christmas time. Hope we won't have to wait long before we got our partner visas

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi..who is your agent
Im dealing with australian migration in jhb
Im from durban

How do you go about tracking your application.
We using new world migration in capetown. Our agent is the correspondent so she's only passing info so far nothing from the partner or visitors visa which we lodged on 10 November 2016.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm hoping you get it ASAP too, so that there's little hope my application will soon be looked at next...Btw, you did your medicals and PC yourself without being ordered by CO right? In the affirmative, you haven't yet heard anything till now from the latter?
It was requested by them for biometrics and medicals.
My police clearance I did a month before application so when I applied it came through a day before so I sent it through with the application.
I tried to track my visa with tls contact but im not understanding it

·
Registered
309 Posts
It was requested by them for biometrics and medicals.
My police clearance I did a month before application so when I applied it came through a day before so I sent it through with the application.
I tried to track my visa with tls contact but im not understanding it
Oh they also requested biometrics! So I assume they will request same from me too and I don't even know whether we do that in Mauritius or where to do that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes probably in your area...
When are you going for biometrics ..few weeks after biometrics they ask for medicals

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yes probably in your area...
When are you going for biometrics ..few weeks after biometrics they ask for medicals
I didn't see biometrics as part of documents, which is why I didn't provide and I don't even know where to do that in Mauritius. So for you they contacted you twice? 1 to request biometrics and 1 to request medical?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes..twice
You must check if you have a tls in your area

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tls contact its called..thats where I did my biometrics...
Youll do have one in mauritius I just searched it

·
Registered
309 Posts
Tls contact its called..thats where I did my biometrics...
Youll do have one in mauritius I just searched it
The one you saw as per the search is TLScontact for UK visa. I just did a search on DIBP website and now recall exactly why I didn't do the biometrics. It's because Mauritius doesn't need to provide, however SA needs to. Now let's see what would be the scenario given that my application is being processed in SA.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok..we learn new stuff everyday.
So they will only call you for medicals im assuming

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ok..we learn new stuff everyday.
So they will only call you for medicals im assuming
For the time being, only medical is due for me. Hopefully they shall email me for that request within 3-4 months, else if they email me after 8-9 months then they shall request both medical and PCC given that my current PCC shall expire start of Sept 2017.

1 - 20 of 984 Posts