Australia Forum banner

941 - 960 of 984 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Everyone

I got an RFI from Pretoria for our 309 partner visa for PC's and medicals. I've given all the docs within the 28 days and uploaded them on monday. Does anyone know how long it generally takes to grant once you have supplied the docs?

DOL: 19-12-2018

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also received a RFI on Monday. This is the second one. The first request was in March, supplied all documents within the 28days then there was nothing. I think partly because of the lockdown in RSA. This time around the requested timeframe to supply the police check is within 2 weeks. I did it within 2days and now back to the waiting game.

My DOL is 23-Nov-2018

·
Registered
12 Posts
For anyone who is interested, they have reopened Biometrics in South Africa from 2 Nov:
The Australian Visa Application and Biometric Collection Centres in South Africa will resume limited operations from 02 November 2020 for Biometrics collection, strictly by appointment. Paper applications will not be accepted by mail or at the office. You can apply online for most visa and citizenship applications at: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/tools
Current operational days and timing for the AVACs and ABCC, except public holidays, are:
Operational days: Monday-Wednesday-Friday
Operational timings: 09:00 hrs to 16:00 hrs

https://www.vfsglobal.com/australia/southafrica/

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone.

A little while ago now but our visa was granted on 22 October for my partner's 309/100. Both visas were granted together, so straight to PR.

DOL: 19 December 2018
Processing office: Pretoria
Time: 22 months'ish
RFI on 17 September for medicals and pc's after we emailed to ask about the status.
Sponsor: South African (Australian PR)
Partner: South African

We're also in a defacto relationship, had been together for about 6 years when we applied and living together approx 2 years.

Thanks for everyone on these forums, it's been so long and stressful, so this really has been a great help to us to get through this process. Good luck to all of those going through SA.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats to both of you! Happy to hear that Pretoria is still processing. Still waiting for mine 13 mths now

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good agent helping to get flights to Sydney during this COVD times
My husband recently got his 309

DOL : 20 Dec 2019
Processing Office: Pretoria
Date of Grant: 8 Dec 2020, No RFI
Used an agent and regularly uploaded update every 3-4months
Uploaded all required PCC and Medicals 6-9 months into the application
Applicant: Nigerian
Sponsor: Nigerian (Australian Citizen)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

We had a big surprise last week - my wife's 309 & 100 were granted just short of 4 months!

DOL: 17 August 2020 (including police clearance)
Medicals: 24 August
Biometrics: 2 November
No RFI or case officer contact
Processing office: Berlin (would have expected Pretoria)
Time: 3 months and 3 weeks.
Sponsor: South African (Australian Citizen by birth)
Partner: South African

We've been married for 14 years, with 2 kids (Aus citizens by descent).

Good luck to everyone from SA / Africa.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DOL: 30 June 2019
Medicals: 30th January 2020
Biometrics: 30th January 2020
1st RFI (police check from sponsor): 11/12/20
2nd RFI (additional information from sponsor): 23/1/21
Grant: 28/1/21
Time: 18months and 29days. Sponsor: Australian Citizen (Nigerian by birth) Partner: Nigerian

I have been a silent member but I'm posting this to encourage others. Reading about other people's experiences on here and news of their grants kept me hopeful and I genuinely shared in the joy. For all those still waiting for their grant Keep praying and believing in God for your grant it will surely come.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Finally!!! Almost 20 months and God has done it!

Timeline:
DOL: June 27th 2019
Biometrics and Medical: 2019 August 7th and 9th respectively
RFI: December 11th 2020
2nd RFI: January 23rd, for another fresh medical as the previous one got expired and also sponsor’s AFP
February 18th 2021: visa 309 grant

Oh! South Africa, I was like what is going on, why the delay! After 2 weeks of giving them what they asked for but finally I can now breathe easily.

Good luck to everyone still waiting from Pretoria office, just like I got mine, you all will get yours ��

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations! So glad to see movement for people who have been waiting far too long...

What was your processing office?

It seems to me like recent applications are getting approved quickly (via Berlin), while the older ones are still with Pretoria.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@ Jano, thanks. I have always felt it was Pretoria because Nigeria is under South Africa but don’t really know because it was lodged by an agent for us.

Thanks Massi.

·
Registered
9 Posts
309 finally got granted! Processing Office: Pretoria

Applicant: Zambian
DoL: 23 November 2018
First RFI: March 2019
2nd RFI: October 2020
Grant date: 01 March 2021

Lucky to have had the department make the amendment to make grants onshore.
I have been in Aus throughout the waiting of my visa.
Managed to do this through a bridging visa which was granted by appealing my rejected work sponsorship. Lodged my appeal in 2019 and have been waiting since then.

When I checked my VEVO, I noticed that the 309 has overridden the bridging visa.

I thought I would automatically get a 100 after all this waiting but at this point, I'm just happy with the grant 🙂

941 - 960 of 984 Posts