Australia Forum banner

961 - 980 of 984 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got a mail for RFI from Pretoria, they are starting to process, I guess!! So nervous, because not really easy to get an appointment for medical examination these days due to covid.1

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello guys, congratulations to those of you who have received your grant. Please I need suggestions, I have completed the 22 months processing time period and nothing yet.
DOL - 18 May 2019
RFI - 4 Dec 2020
Submitted - 10 Dec 2020
Processing office - Pretoria
Please what do I do because the wait is exhausting...

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Hello guys, congratulations to those of you who have received your grant. Please I need suggestions, I have completed the 22 months processing time period and nothing yet.
DOL - 18 May 2019
RFI - 4 Dec 2020
Submitted - 10 Dec 2020
Processing office - Pretoria
Please what do I do because the wait is exhausting...
Pretoria appears to be one of the slowest offices, and getting slower.

Pretoria processing times:
331 days in 2017/18
463 days in 2018/19
576 days in the last 6 months of 2019.

2020/21 could be even worse, due to COVID. .

In January 2021, 10% of all 309 finalisations (worldwide) took over 22 months.

You could ask if they are still waiting for anything from you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
JandE;2011249.[/quote said:
Pretoria appears to be one of the slowest offices, and getting slower.

Pretoria processing times:
331 days in 2017/18
463 days in 2018/19
576 days in the last 6 months of 2019.

2020/21 could be even worse, due to COVID. .

In January 2021, 10% of all 309 finalisations (worldwide) took over 22 months.

You could ask if they are still waiting for anything from you.
Thanks a lot for the insights J & E, in fact I called that their line yesterday and the rep did not even ask for my reference code or passport number just said I should wait and keep checking immi account. I asked if I needed to send anything else , he said they would let me know when they needed anything. Don't just get it..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Boom! 💥
After 18 long months,both 309 & 100 granted!
Here's my timeline:
DOL: Sept 2019
Medical submitted:Oct 2019
1st RFI: Dec 2020
2nd RFI: March 2021
Processing office: Pretoria
Grant date : 22 March 2021

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Thanks a lot for the insights J & E, in fact I called that their line yesterday and the rep did not even ask for my reference code or passport number just said I should wait and keep checking immi account. I asked if I needed to send anything else , he said they would let me know when they needed anything. Don't just get it..
An email might be better. That way they open the file, and might just finalise it while they have it open.

A phone call doesn't seem to get past someone that just answers and diverts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any one from Nigeria got their grant and travelled recently? My partner got his sc309/100 and we just booked flights but feeling unsure about where to get the PCR Covid test in Lagos? And also how they will react at the airport with no paper visa in the airport, just the grant notice? (his passport has no visas inside as he had a new one issued last time he returned from overseas and so he is concerned they will be difficult at the airport).
Any help or advice welcome! Thank you :)

edited: grammar and spelling!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any one from Nigeria got their grant and travelled recently? My partner gots his sc309/100 and we just booked flights but feeling unsure about where to get the PCR Covid test in Lagos? And also how they will react at the airport with no paper visa in teh airport, just the grant notice? (his passport has no visas inside as he had a new one issued last time he returned from overseas and so he is concerned they will be difficult at the airport).
Any help or advice welcome! Thank you :)
My fiancé got his first vaccine shot last week at a private hospital. I’m sure they do PCR testing too. We are hoping soon those who are fully vaccinated won’t need to quarantine or if they do not as long.
We are waiting for our pmv 300 and considering getting married via proxy to change to 309 so we can be together!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
My fiancé got his first vaccine shot last week at a private hospital. I’m sure they do PCR testing too. We are hoping soon those who are fully vaccinated won’t need to quarantine or if they do not as long.
We are waiting for our pmv 300 and considering getting married via proxy to change to 309 so we can be together!
Make sure it is a valid marriage by Australian rules.

This is a statement I have seen.
A proxy marriage is not a legally recognised form of marriage in Australia.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Hi Jande yes it is if the country your fiancé comes from legally accepts it.
A couple recently got granted their 309 from Jordan after they did a proxy marriage then changed their 300 to a 309.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Okay thanks I will let him know to call.

I just asked our lawyer about the visa and apparently the airline should be able to see it electronically too when they scan the passport. So hopefully that prevents any potential problems. I wish they could just have the visa inside the passport!!

I hope you get your grant soon - it's the most incredible feeling, especially after being apart for many years!

·
Registered
35 Posts

Here is the post that has the proxy marriage and their timeline.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Hi Jande yes it is if the country your fiancé comes from legally accepts it.
A couple recently got granted their 309 from Jordan after they did a proxy marriage then changed their 300 to a 309.
It does come down to specific countries.

A proxy marriage is not a legally recognized form of marriage in Australia because a couple must be physically present at a wedding ceremony for the marriage to be valid.

However if the proxy marriage takes place somewhere it is recognized and is legally registered in that jurisdiction; Australian laws will recognize that marriage under common law.

I have seen some adverts where "legal" people will sell a proxy marriage valid anywhere in the world.

It is definitely best to be certain.

Proxy marriages are outlawed in many countries due to concerns over sham marriages, particularly for immigration purposes.

There is also a US state that will do something similar, and it is legal for Australia. But it is not called a proxy marriage. A proxy marriage being a marriage where someone stands in for the other party to take the vows.
A Zoom marriage does not use proxies. Some say they are legal. Others say not.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It does come down to specific countries.

A proxy marriage is not a legally recognized form of marriage in Australia because a couple must be physically present at a wedding ceremony for the marriage to be valid.

However if the proxy marriage takes place somewhere it is recognized and is legally registered in that jurisdiction; Australian laws will recognize that marriage under common law.

I have seen some adverts where "legal" people will sell a proxy marriage valid anywhere in the world.

It is definitely best to be certain.

Proxy marriages are outlawed in many countries due to concerns over sham marriages, particularly for immigration purposes.

There is also a US state that will do something similar, and it is legal for Australia. But it is not called a proxy marriage. A proxy marriage being a marriage where someone stands in for the other party to take the vows.
A Zoom marriage does not use proxies. Some say they are legal. Others say not.
We have an agent looking into this for us now. It’s worth a try!
I didn’t think zoom was legal but it’s worth asking. With Covid zoom weddings might become legal lol who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️All I know is my fiancé and I have not been together for 2 years now and it’s depressing. The government won’t let me leave Australia unless I go for at least 3 months which is impossible for me right now. 😔. It’s so unfair saying fiancé’s are not immediate family. It’s an antiquated law that needs to be updated.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
It’s so unfair saying fiancé’s are not immediate family. It’s an antiquated law that needs to be updated.
Some fiancé’s are classed as immediate family. It all depends on how much relationship evidence they can provide.

If it is equal to a 309 applicant, they appear to be treated the same for a travel exemption while waiting for the 300 grant.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bewm granted my pmv 300 finally! This forum has been a great help with ppl in the same situation and ppl who provided their support

961 - 980 of 984 Posts