Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All Members.

Happy New Year 2018 .

My Spouse has applied for Partner Visa which states "BC 100-First Stage UF309".

Date of Application submitted: 13/10/2017.

Character Assessment and Medical Examination also submitted.

My Query is as below:

a) Can I call my spouse and dependent child to Australia on " Visitor/Tourist Visa"??
b) Also, will there by any impact on the application of partner visa if I apply for "Visitor/Tourist Visas" now for them?

Pls suggest

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Yes, they can apply for a visitor visa, but just in case the 309 is approved first, you would want to immediately withdraw the visitor visa application to avoid it being approved and replacing the 309.

They would need to be outside Australia for the 309 to be granted, so they should keep DHA updated with their contact details so they could be contacted to go overseas briefly if the 309 is ready to be granted while they're here visiting.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Maggie-May24 for your prompt response on the subject. Things are getting cleared now.

Further I need your opinion on the below situation of mine:

I have been employed in Australia since May'2017 and till date I havent visited my country to meet my spouse and child. Do the DIBP examines this aspect that we have not been together for more than 9months now. Will it impact the partner visa application process ?

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
You'll need to provide evidence of how you've maintained your relationship during your time apart, so communication, shared finances, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.