Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On or after 18 November 2017 the following changes will occur to Partner and Prospective Marriage Visa (PMV) application arrangements:

• Partner and PMV visas must be lodged online.

• Paper applications received after COB on 17 November 2017 at any office of the Department, Service Delivery Partner, overseas embassy or High Commission will be invalid.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
These are the only changes?

Looks like I worried for nothing. :D

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are the only changes?

Looks like I worried for nothing. :D
I imagine there will be additional changes in the actual application form. This is mainly a heads-up to people who are considering a paper application or who have a paper application in the mail which has not been received yet by the relevant processing centre.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Super nice of them to give enough notice that people can avoid mailing them to arrive after today. Ugh.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Super nice of them to give enough notice that people can avoid mailing them to arrive after today. Ugh.
They never do. I imagine there will be hundreds, if not thousands, of invalid applications. Any paper application not received by close of business today will be invalid. If you need a bridging visa, you better get online very quickly.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Thank you for the updates, Nick.

Does this mean that the prediction of applications not having all evidence at time of lodgement can be refused isn't being implemented?

I wasn't sure where I stood with that as I haven't provided my medical nor police checks yet for my 820 application.

·
Registered
241 Posts
On or after 18 November 2017 the following changes will occur to Partner and Prospective Marriage Visa (PMV) application arrangements:

? Partner and PMV visas must be lodged online.

? Paper applications received after COB on 17 November 2017 at any office of the Department, Service Delivery Partner, overseas embassy or High Commission will be invalid.
What that the only chance?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thank you for the updates, Nick.

Does this mean that the prediction of applications not having all evidence at time of lodgement can be refused isn't being implemented?

I wasn't sure where I stood with that as I haven't provided my medical nor police checks yet for my 820 application.
It is being implemented (apparently) where registered migration agents lodge " bare bone" applications without supporting documentation. Not sure if the same lack of tolerance will be applied to the general public or the unregistered overseas operators. Unless something is done about processing times it would be pretty unfair to demand that police certificates and medicals are provided at time of application. That's never been the case. The idea of "decision-ready" applications being prioritised went out of the window a long time ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.