Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I received my PR based on Partner visa 100 few months ago (About 3). Few weeks ago I found out that my partner is cheating on me with his colleague. So, we got into fight and its getting worse, day after day.
I am thinking of separating from my partner. So I told my partner about it. And the reply was "If you want a separation, go ahead. If you do so, you have to leave Australia after few years. Because you won't able to apply for citizenship without me. You need me there. If you want a separation, you better go back to your country right now and do not waste your time here. Do yourself a favor."

I have no job, no income and no support. I don't have any legal evidence that he cheated on me and I cannot go through these tensions and the stress and humiliation any more. I cannot go back to my country either, cause nothing left for me there.

I don't know what I should do. Please advise me what will happen to my PR and later Citizenship application if this relation breaks down. Will my PR be revoked? Won't I able to apply for citizenship?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
He is just trying to scare you. You don't need to be with your partner to get citizenship.

It is rare for PR to get cancelled, it is usually cancelled because of criminal grounds - Peter Dutton has done that alot lately.

You are free to leave him.

You would need to check to see what support you can get from Centrelink - there is a waiting period for things like Newstart.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
He is just trying to scare you. You don't need to be with your partner to get citizenship.

It is rare for PR to get cancelled, it is usually cancelled because of criminal grounds - Peter Dutton has done that alot lately.

You would need to check to see what support you can get from Centrelink - there is a waiting period for things like Newstart.
Thanks for the advice. Quite a relief. I will look at centerlink as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you

Thank you Mish. Quite a relief after reading your advice. As well as centerlink one. I didn't know the PR holder can apply for centerlink.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

Yes it can apply for Centerlink, however, if I were you, I'd go and see an agent (just in case they know a bit more about this situation). Not sure of you need to be together for a certain period of time after the grant.

I would also apply for a job if possible (maybe just a simple...something....that will provide income of some form so you don't have to be on "Government's back". That will defiantly help with the citizenship application. There is about 4 years until that happens so hang in there and let us know what happened.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys

im in the same situation and constantly being abuse by my wife and in-laws.

always being threaten visa will be cancel and they will charge me with assault and what not.

i really scared and just coping with the baseless demand.

currently i live with my wife and mother in law. Wife is ok with no one is around and once the in law is in picture, the whole torture and bullying starts.

i earn enough to support my self and wont be any burden to anyone.

i got my grant just a month ago and i being threaten if i ever leave they cancel my visa and wife stated she will declare to the world im being gay..

Please someone advise and point me to the right direction.

Thank you

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hey Guys

im in the same situation and constantly being abuse by my wife and in-laws.

always being threaten visa will be cancel and they will charge me with assault and what not.

i really scared and just coping with the baseless demand.

currently i live with my wife and mother in law. Wife is ok with no one is around and once the in law is in picture, the whole torture and bullying starts.

i earn enough to support my self and wont be any burden to anyone.

i got my grant just a month ago and i being threaten if i ever leave they cancel my visa and wife stated she will declare to the world im being gay..

Please someone advise and point me to the right direction.

Thank you
Start here: One in Three Campaign - Services and Resources

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.