Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys long story short - so back in July 2014 we applied for my now ex partner visa. It ended up getting approved but unfortunately we broke up in November 2017 and she has gone back to America, it wasn’t a horrible break up. I have been talking to this girl from the UK that I’ve known for years. We have been looking at the partner visa but understand I have to wait 5 years from original application before we can apply which would be July 2019? Also if my partner has 2 young kids both under 5, will that complicate them being able to come over? Just looking at options to get her here ASAP.. I know it’s complicated but thanks

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Have you met this girl in person?

Also, in order for the kids to be granted visa's, she will have to provide proof that she either has sole custody of the kids and can make all decisions on where the kids live or a signed agreement from anyone else who has the power to make decisions on where the children will live.

There is a lot to dig into here and you haven't provided much information on the nature of your relationship with this person other than she is a girl you have been talking to and known for years.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, yeah I know sorry very vague just trying to get badic details especially with the kids. We have met in person and she’s coming over in a June again for a little bit so we sort of want to get a plan in place by then.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hey, yeah I know sorry very vague just trying to get badic details especially with the kids. We have met in person and she's coming over in a June again for a little bit so we sort of want to get a plan in place by then.
Use the time until you are able to apply to establish the relationship and collect relationship evidence.

Unless the father of the children will co-operate and is willing to sign a form 1229 get legal advice about obtaining custody in your partner's home country.

You have over a year until you can apply. Use this time to your advantage, so you can lodge a decision ready application when the time comes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.