Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,
I'm an Australian citizen. I'm a carrier of Hepatitis B with very low viral count. I'm planning to marry a girl in the near future from India. Doctors advised that my future partner need to be vaccinated from Hep B and then there will absolutely be no issue or danger of her or the kids contracting the virus from me.
My fiance is already vaccinated from Hep B virus however I don't want to reveal my status to her as it will cause unnecessary panics and complications from her side which will definitely lead to BREAK-UP.

My question is when I apply for partner/spouse visa for my fiance, will the Immigration department reveal my Hep B carrier status to her during the application process or do they keep it confidential ????

Kindly assist me in this matter.

Regards,

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Only the applicant undergoes a health check and as you are aware under Australian law drs cannot discuss your medical results with someone else without your consent.

On another note you really need to be honest with the person you plan to marry. It will be 100 times worse if she finds out 5 years down the track.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.