Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am interested in applying for a partner visa in Australia and am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this process.

My boyfriend and I have been together for over 6 years and 2 of those years have been in Australia renting together.
We are both full-time students, and as he is an Australian citizen, he has been getting youth allowance. I was just wondering if this will affect my chances of having the partner visa approved, as we seem to meet all the requirements apart from the financial one.

I was also wondering what other evidence we can use to prove our financial situation, as we do not have a joint bank account or anything like that.

Thank you all for your help!

·
Registered
20 Posts
regarding financial requirements if the case officer feels that you both can't support eachother financially then an AOS may be requested,

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
regarding financial requirements if the case officer feels that you both can't support eachother financially then an AOS may be requested,
Thanks for your reply! I thought that might be the case. Does anyone know if an AOS can be given by someone who is on a pension (not a centerlink one)?
Also, I am not sure if Centrelink know that we are a couple so what is the best way to deal with this? How do we go about telling them and has anyone had any experience with this? I would like to apply this year if possible.
Also, What other documents can be used to show our financial situation as we do not have a joint bank account.
So many questions!
Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Your Bf if on some sort of government assistance should keep Centrelink abreast of his situation re residence and though it may not necessarily affect his allowance if he is doing something different to what they have recorded, it's certainly not going to look so good if all of a sudden they're made aware via an AoS being sought.
With an AoS, an income of about $29,000 p.a. is required.
If you do not have a joint bank account, that is not so essential but you will need to get together whatever official documentation you can that will show residing together.
Have a look at the sticky thread by el kitten and have a good read of Booklet #1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.