Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Hope someone could help.
My partner has got Tourist visa without 8503 condition (I have verified the VISA grant and done VIVO check) and yet to travel to Australia. Meanwhile, i thought i shall start preparing for her partner Visa application(Stage 1 - Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300,309/100,820/801) and when i click 'next' on 4th step, i am getting below error.

One of the following issues is preventing this application from continuing:
The applicant has a previous visa cancellation or refusal.
The applicant does not hold an appropriate visa.
The applicant has a condition on the current visa.
The applicant's location cannot be confirmed.
The applicant is an Australian citizen or a permanent resident.
The applicant will not be able to continue.

The applicant should review the eligibility information on the department's website.

Is it because my partner still in offshore location?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
It could be because your partner is still offshore. Best to check again once your partner is onshore.

If that still persists it is probably a problem with the system. I had a similar case recently not getting past page 4. My client was already in Australia on an ETA, and had a clean immigration history. I filled out a service report (it is available online but not easy to find), and lodged it with evidence that she was onshore and that all the information I had entered was correct. The Department fixed the problem for me. I took about 5 days.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
If you're trying to complete this for an 820 application, then the fact that she's not in Australia is likely the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It could be because your partner is still offshore. Best to check again once your partner is onshore.

If that still persists it is probably a problem with the system. I had a similar case recently not getting past page 4. My client was already in Australia on an ETA, and had a clean immigration history. I filled out a service report (it is available online but not easy to find), and lodged it with evidence that she was onshore and that all the information I had entered was correct. The Department fixed the problem for me. I took about 5 days.
Thank You. I will try again once she is onshore.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
If you're trying to complete this for an 820 application, then the fact that she's not in Australia is likely the issue.
I agree. I think the system picks up if there is a valid visa and if the applicant is onshore. This in turn changes some of the questions later in the application. But as Jeremy pointed out, even when the applicant is in Australia on a valid visa, there sometimes are technical glitzes.

Reactions: vishn5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.