Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! This forum has been very helpful in figuring out all the information I need for the partner visa but I am unsure about if I should wait until I have more evidence specifically renting a place together instead of living in his parents house.

I was planning to apply for the visa in December 2019. By that point I would have been long distance with my partner for 2 years (since September 2017) before I plan to move in with him in September 2019 and living with him for 3 months of my tourist visa then applying for the Partner Visa at the end in December so I don’t have to leave.

Here is some of the evidence I have and some more info:
- We have lots of evidence of multiple trips visiting each other and proof of contact during the long distance
- By the time I apply for the visa we will have been together for over 2 years in a committed relationship
- Once I move there in September 2019 we will have 3 months of actually living together so there will be lots more evidence I will gather during that time with us living together
- We will also register our relationship when I move there so it waives the 12-month living together requirement.
- Finances: we have a shared bank account, beneficiary for each others superannuation, proof of sending funds to each other, proof of paying for joint activities together
- Household: we will have more proof once we spend 3 months living together (will buy furniture and other things) but we have spent lots of time living together over the visits (almost a month each visit)
- Social: we have lots of posts on facebook and photos with families and friends
- Commitment: we have sent gifts, letters, flowers to one another, have promise rings, have done lots of planning for our future
- We will go to a migration agent to check over our application after I have gathered all the evidence to make sure I haven’t forgotten anything or made any mistakes before I submit it

Will it be an issue for us not having rented a place together and just be living in his parents house if we have lots of other evidence?
Any advice is appreciated thank you! :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Wrussell is a RMA, and a good one at that. It doesn’t hurt to pay for a consult to get proper advice.

The thing I’ve learned on my long and continuing visa journey is when I’m doubt, seek professional advice for any areas you aren’t sure of. When spending $7,160 and making a massive decision like this, it’s best to speak to a pro.

It sounds like you’ve got your head around the whole process, but it won’t hurt to seek their advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.