Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

So, I am about to apply online for my partner visa (Hopefully the end of this week, eek!) & I just thought I would write out what I have got & whether anyone can tell me if there is anything I have missed or extra things that I could add before I submit. (I want all my evidence ready before I submit so I can upload straight away).
We are currently living with my partners parents so do not have much for financial aspects as only paying board.

Applicant - Me

- I.D - Passport, Birth Certificate, Drivers Licence & my medicare card as extra.
- Proof of address - England & Australia
- Passport photos
- Form 80 (Thought I'd do it just incase)
- Stat Decs - 4 including 2 friends & 2 of my partners family members.
- Personal Statement from my parents.

Relationship Development
- Development of Relationship - Facebook screen shots from First date, 'Official' relationship status, Birthday & Anniversary posts over the last 3 years.
- Photos from our year in the UK - Pictures from each month we were there.

Social Aspects
- Photos from my two years in Aus - Pictures from each month I've been here. Including photos with family & friends.
- Joint Travel - In both in UK & Australia
- Joint Membership
- Screen shot of Facebook Mutual Friends.

Nature of Household
- Joint Correspondence - including 3 wedding invitations.
- Living arrangements - Pictures of our bedroom, wardrobe space etc.

Nature of Commitment
- Registered our Relationship - Even though we've lived together for 2 years, thought it would be good to have anyway.
- Correspondence during separation - Whatsapp messages from the 8 weeks we were apart when he came home to Australia & I stayed in the UK.
- Personal cards to each other - Birthday & Anniversary cards.

Financial Aspects
- Statements from my personal account
- Statements from our joint account (Opened July 2016.)
- Statements from my partners personal account.

Sponsor - My partner
- I.D - Passport, Birth Certificate, Drivers Licence
- Copy of his English Visa
- Proof of address - Australia & England
- Passport photos.

We will wait to do our police checks for Aus & the UK and I will wait to do my medical.

Any help would be fantastic!
Thank you so much in advance.

L x

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi leahchristina92,

To me this looks great!
You might not have it, but if you have any emergency contact details which show they are your partners details, from any jobs you have had whilst together, doctors, gym memberships etc, this may be good to include in 'Nature of Commitment' ....or evidence you are each others super beneficiary's? But regardless, a great list of supporting evidence :)

Jess

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Do you share any other finances? Same phone bill, vehicle insurance, contents insurance, private health insurance, major purchases while together?

In joint correspondence, do you have anything from the government or bills in one or both of your names to the same address? For example, a letter or bill to him at that address and something to you at that address? Other than stuff from friends.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Do you have super showing each other being the beneficiary? Also include the page from your tax returns showing each other listed as the spouse, that will show that you declare the relationship to other government agencies.

You mention joint travel - does this include receipts/invoices/bookings in both of your names?

Joint insurances like heath or even motor vehicle insurance in one of your names listing the other as another driver.

If either of you have a credit card having the other as an additional card holder.

Do you go to movies/concerts/sporting events etc? If so include the tickets showing you doing them together.

I am not sure what is covered in joint memberships, but also showing you are both a member of the same loyalty program and your cards are linked can be included too ie. Flybuys and Woolworth Rewards etc

You can also include individual correspondence, not all of it needs to be joint if you don't have alot of joint correspondence.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You have a very good understanding of what is required buy the looks.

Take on board what others have to say, to add to your application.

Then all you can do is sit back, and enjoy the ride.

P.S. the other posters are far from fools in this process.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi leahchristina92,

To me this looks great!
You might not have it, but if you have any emergency contact details which show they are your partners details, from any jobs you have had whilst together, doctors, gym memberships etc, this may be good to include in 'Nature of Commitment' ....or evidence you are each others super beneficiary's? But regardless, a great list of supporting evidence :)

Jess
Thank you! Very reassuring to know!
I didn't even think of including doctors forms! We are both each other emergency contacts so I will for sure be adding that, thank you!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you share any other finances? Same phone bill, vehicle insurance, contents insurance, private health insurance, major purchases while together?

In joint correspondence, do you have anything from the government or bills in one or both of your names to the same address? For example, a letter or bill to him at that address and something to you at that address? Other than stuff from friends.
We have a couple of 'major purchases' which I have included with our bank statements but other than that, we don't have much else!! We are currently looking for a new car but unsure whether that will happen by the time I submit. Might be something I can add afterwards though.

Thank you so much for your help!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have super showing each other being the beneficiary? Also include the page from your tax returns showing each other listed as the spouse, that will show that you declare the relationship to other government agencies.

You mention joint travel - does this include receipts/invoices/bookings in both of your names?

Joint insurances like heath or even motor vehicle insurance in one of your names listing the other as another driver.

If either of you have a credit card having the other as an additional card holder.

Do you go to movies/concerts/sporting events etc? If so include the tickets showing you doing them together.

I am not sure what is covered in joint memberships, but also showing you are both a member of the same loyalty program and your cards are linked can be included too ie. Flybuys and Woolworth Rewards etc

You can also include individual correspondence, not all of it needs to be joint if you don't have alot of joint correspondence.
Yes, In regards to joint travel, we have 2 bookings with receipts & both of our names on but the rest are either in my name or his. However I have added a picture or 'Facebook check in' to show we were both there. Just as a bit of additional evidence. Hope that is ok!!

I have gym memberships & bowling club memberships and also Flybys in joint memberships. Don't have much else!

I will include indivudial correspondence as I haven't as yet!

Thank you so much for your help!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have a very good understanding of what is required buy the looks.

Take on board what others have to say, to add to your application.

Then all you can do is sit back, and enjoy the ride.

P.S. the other posters are far from fools in this process.
Thank you so much! I have done heaps & heaps of research. Feel like it has taken over my life the past few months!!
Will be happy when it's all over and I can sit back and enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.