Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have been told that Partner Visa Fees are increasing to $10,000 AUD on 1 July 2018. Is this correct? I have tried the Dept of Home Affairs fee calculator to lodge after July 2018, but it says it can't give an estimate. My husband is intending to lodge a partner visa and I'm just wondering should be try and get everything sorted before 30 June 2018. Kind regards and thank you.:)

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi, I have been told that Partner Visa Fees are increasing to $10,000 AUD on 1 July 2018. Is this correct?)
What is the source of this information ?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
First rumour so far.

They have about doubled before, so any figure is possible.

The PMV had a few rises and had kids costs added - it was $3,085 Sep 13 and ended up at $6,865 by July 15.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My work colleague who is looking into Visa options for his Thai partner, was speaking to an Irish girl who lives in Sydney (work colleague) who is seeing an immigration agent/lawyer (not sure) about her own status and was advised by this person that the fees are going up to $10,000 on 1 July 2018. How can i find out if this is correct or not? Thank you

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
How can i find out if this is correct or not? Thank you
Sounds like a friend of a friend of a friend of the postman.

Don't believe it until you see it, don't rush an application for that reason.

Also, for what it's worth, CCMS is a registered migration agent (and a darn good one to boot), so if that was coming down the pipe, he may know about it.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
There is always the possibility of a VAC increase on 1 July, so if you are able to lodge now, you should do so.

Keep in mind that the online system often gets overloaded in the last week of June and will also shut down completely at times to allow for updates and maintenance.

If you are unable to lodge before 1 July, you'll just have to take your chances on whatever happens to the the VACs as well as any other changes.

There is little you can do about it.

Reactions: Ejona and HRose313

·
Registered
26 Posts
I believe it will increase by a couple of hundred from July- I've not seen anywhere that it will go up to $10k.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.