Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So. Our spouse visa was granted, which should be an occasion of great rejoicing. And it is. I would definitely consider going through an agent next time, though.

The trouble is, since I applied for the visa my financial situation has gone bad. I hope to turn things around, but it will take a couple of years. In the meantime I am dipping into my capital to support me here and her and my child overseas, which is a recipe for failure. But if I bring them here my living expenses will explode as I'm basically couch surfing and house sitting now.

Does the department allow the expiry date on a visa to be extended? If not, is it possible to apply again after a few years?

Thanks in advance for your good advice.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Does the department allow the expiry date on a visa to be extended? If not, is it possible to apply again after a few years?
No. Expiration dates cannot be extended.

Maybe? But that is another $7,000 to cough up.

Agree with ampk - make an initial entry to Oz to activiate the visa, and then work around it from there. Blowing another $7,000, and going through the time, stress, cost and emotional toll of whole visa process again seems dire to me.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
You mention you have some capital, so why not use it to get set up ?. Shouldn't you first priority be to get your family over here? Your partner would have the option to work. Surely there is a way to work this out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.