Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
I am new to this forum, but have been following this forum throughout my partner visa application.

I am from Sweden and my de facto partner is from Australia. We lodge an offshore visa on the 29th of November. Eight days after the lodgment I received an correspondence letter from our CO to my email to ask for a my medical. I booked one asap and I am glad I got in for an appointment as they only had limited appointments available. Only certain panel doctors who are approved in Sweden. Only two and the closest one I had to go to was 2 hours away, Stockholm. I also saw my partner was approved as a sponsor which was a positive sign.

So on Monday morning on the 18th of Dec 2017 we got our visa approved. I am still in shock since it said *estimated global processing time* 11-16 months. Me and my partner probably spent a month gathering documents and putting it all together. and our response was quicker. WOW amazing.

I'ts almost like I am wondering how they could grant it so quick?? we did provide a lot of information and had 6 people writing stats dec and written statements. we basically provided everything except my medical.

Anyone knows how come they do it so fast? is it because its an offshore 309/100 ? me and my partner have been a couple for 2,5 years. Believe me we are super happy about this so I am not questioning their decision but just VERY surprised. Best Xmas present ever!!!

When it comes to the second stage visa I have seen others mentioning I have to upload documents without having a CO letting me know they're looking at our case again.
How do I know when to start uploading the documents?? just before the 2 year stage. Could it happen they would want to have a look at my case earlier than 2 years? since it was very quick granting my 309 visa. How do I know? and do I just enter my immi account and clique on the second stage visa and start uploading it all there?
sorry for all my questions. Hope someone could answer me
xx
Em

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Congrats! You will never know why it was fast, there is no reason why some are granted faster than orhers.

DIBP will not look at the PR until after the 2 year from eligibility date, if your relationship is still ongoing. You can submit it and upload documents no earlier than 2 months before your eligibility date. They don't send out the emails to remind anymore so it is your responsibility to remember.

You need to gather documents from the grant date which for you will be alot of documents because it didn't take long to process.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
What sort of documents are required for the sc100. I have been so focused on the sc309 I really haven't researched it, assuming it was much the same and shows a continuation of the relationship.

And yes congrats to the OP, that was a lightning fast turnover.
Same as 309 but since the grant of the 309 so all of your financial, social, household etc.

Once you arrive in Australia get your name added to the phone/internet/electricity. Having joint bank statements makes it easier too ... no highlighting what transactions on individual account are in regards to the relationship.

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
Congratulations on your successful visa grant. I am sure you will enjoy your life here. Your attention to detail is to be commended and has paid off handsomely for you.
God Jul
(Myself and others on this forum can never understand why anybody would not submit a complete application ,obviously except for medicals which need a reference number, in the first place !)

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
In my case I was trying to meet the July 1st deadline, so had the 47SP done and fee paid, then spent 2 weeks uploading the supporting docs.
Each to their own, but personally I don't think I would have let saving $135 ($6,865 versus $7000) influence the timing of my application.
As the OP has stated , he was asked to carry out his medical examination 8 days after he submitted his application, I would hate to think that someone had reviewed my application but thrown it back on the pile of those to be considered later, because it was lacking information.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
This is incredible and gives me more hope than ever at a speedy grant, not just for myself, but for all of us around here!

Congrats!

Reactions: #62Aussie

·
Banned
252 Posts
Each to their own, but personally I don't think I would have let saving $135 ($6,865 versus $7000) influence the timing of my application.
As the OP has stated , he was asked to carry out his medical examination 8 days after he submitted his application, I would hate to think that someone had reviewed my application but thrown it back on the pile of those to be considered later, because it was lacking information.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Congrats! FYI you're in standard global processing times... 75% processed in 11 months. Any app processed in 11 months time or less falls into that 75%.

This is EXACTLY why I always tell people to upload their evidences the same day they apply. It appears to be that DIBP (or DoHS now) are going to be finding ways to speed up applications which means ready apps might be looked at sooner rather than later. It can be very random with DIBP!

Two years from your application date you'll upload evidences for your 100 to show your relationship is continuing. Basically, make an effort to keep significant items during that time (my partner and I have a box we chuck tickets from events or things that will be relevant into. Then when it's time, I just need to open it up and scan everything).

Set a reminder on your phone's calendar or write an email to yourself and CC your partner and set it to send in two years time from your application date so you don't forget.

You'd be surprised how many people forget it.

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
I can assure you, as I have a close family member in the Dept, that no one is sitting around waiting for applications, however there are a lot of incomplete applications sitting around awaiting documentation that could have easily been submitted at the time of application.
In the Dark Ages when I submitted my now wife's documentation, it was over the counter at the Embassy, and we had the luxury of asking if there was anything else required to make the application complete. We were told that we needed a photograph of us together, despite the fact we were standing in front of them!
That luxury is no longer afforded to applicants so it is imperative that everything that can be provided at the time of application is.
The issuing of visas certainly is a lottery, however if you fail to fill in all the lotto numbers you are hardly likely to win!

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
Ha, Aussie bureaucracy at it's best! I'm sure the processing fee was much more palatable in the Dark Ages...

I do recall the DIBP website stating that one had 28 days to complete the uploads after payment was made. So the agency does build in this time factor for a reason one would think. Otherwise why not make it mandatory to have all uploads done prior to payment and level the playing field.
Yes we inherited all the British redtape as well :), and I think the fee was about a weeks wages, not a months!
The 28 day rule is correct, as after that time they can make their decision based upon what has been submitted.
However we are talking about being in the draw for an instant prize (visa)
for which there are no rules, other than having a decision ready application in front of the decision maker.
Anyway Good luck with your own application, the weather here is so much nicer :D

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Would love to see where you found the 28 day grace period for future reference to others.

All I've been able to find is this: "If you need to attach documents, make sure you do so before or as soon as possible after submitting your application to ensure your application can be processed as quickly as possible. Some applications may be refused if you have not attached documents at time of lodgement." That seems to be a generic statement for all visas lodged online, though a link from the partner visa site took me to it.

That coupled with the recent change that they will not request further information if it was not provided (bar medicals and police checks) for applicants applying after 18 November means I personally wouldn't take the risk of waiting at all. I find it hard to believe that someone would pay $7000 for an application that they haven't gathered evidence for but I guess some people do. I gathered all of the evidence and required documents before submitting and paying and I was able to upload everything within an hour or two.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/801-?modal=/Trav/Visa/Atta

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I've also found this in the Partner Migration Booklet: "If you cannot provide all the supporting documentation when you lodge your Partner visa application, you should tell the office what documents are missing and when you expect to be able to provide them.
If you do not provide all the necessary documents, the Department may make a decision based on the
information you have provided. It is therefore in your interests to support your Partner visa application with as much information as possible at the time you lodge your application."

Though we all know that booklet needs to be updated in some areas.

Anywho... a link with the 28 day thing would be much appreciated!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.