Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need advice. My ex and I have a 8 year old child (all of us are Australian born), we split when she was young. However, he now has a new partner and child who were both born in the Philippines.
He cannot afford to pay me child support beyond $30 a month, he is also on Newstart.
His new partner was granted a partnership temp visa. How is this so? He cannot support his Australian born child yet he can bring his new partner and child to Australia whilst he is on welfare?:confused:

·
Registered
163 Posts
That must seem a bit unfair- I've even read of people being allowed to sponsor a partner when they haven't got divorced from the first one yet- seems bizarre to me but the law seems to support it! He will have had to jump through hoops though to provide enough evidence that his relationship is genuine & ongoing so presumably it's all in order. Do you have a Court Order for Child Maintenance from him? At least you would feel there was some consideration for your child together too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here is why this happened: He and your children together, are in Australia. His new partner, and his child, are not. So he wants to bring them over. The diac are not in the business of separating families. It is called 'compelling'. It's because it's his child. I'm sorry this is a bitter pill to swallow- a similar thing happened to me, try to move on. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.