Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if someone could help me with when to apply and get police checks and health checks done for the Partner Visa 820/801 application. I'm so overwhelmed with info thats out there and I'm unsure when to actually get these done!

A lot of people have said to wait as they have expiry dates, but what do you do when the application asks whether you have these or not? If you tick no can you amend at a later date when you get them done, or do you tick yes because you will be getting them done, and they'll be done by the time your application gets looked at!

Any help would make this one stressed girl a bit happier.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
With the current quick grants I personally would do them and upload them and cross my Fingers.

They do expire after a year so you may need to do them again if your visas not granted.

Alternatively you can wait till the department asks for them and then do them so that they are in date at timemof processing.

It's a minor gamble to do it the first way depends how quick you want the visa if an additional 30 day wait for a request for further info doesn't bother you then the later may be better for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the current quick grants I personally would do them and upload them and cross my Fingers.

They do expire after a year so you may need to do them again if your visas not granted.

Alternatively you can wait till the department asks for them and then do them so that they are in date at timemof processing.

It's a minor gamble to do it the first way depends how quick you want the visa if an additional 30 day wait for a request for further info doesn't bother you then the later may be better for you.
Thank you so much! I think we might wait just a bit- money is quite tight and if I can avoid paying twice I think I will! My only question is that on the application form, it asks if the applicant has had a medical assessment done in the past 12 months. Do you tick yes, knowing that you will get it done in time, or no because you haven't done it yet! I can guess you can't amend the form once its submitted?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Lying on an application will cause a lot more issues.

You need to answer honestly. Besides, that question is directed towards people who have and will likely ask for the HAPID to link their medical to the app. If you haven't done it, you say no. No, it won't harm your application as immigration suggests you wait until they request a medical from you anyway due to its limited validity period and the length of processing times.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Keep in mind they know you'll be doing a medical as it is a requirement to be granted the visa. So the question is simply have you done one already or not? The simple answer is "no".

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep in mind they know you'll be doing a medical as it is a requirement to be granted the visa. So the question is simply have you done one already or not? The simple answer is "no".
Thank you!
I feel like this whole process is making me loose my sanity and question everything! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.