Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Would like to know if anyone has any advice or have similar situation that they can share their experience.

My partner and I have been together for 3 years, Long distance. I'm from the USA and i was studying in college. he was in Australia working full time. We were apart because i was studying. We basically flew back and forth for 3 years visiting each other for 6 weeks, 6 weeks, 5 months, 1 week. and now we have been living together in Australia for 9 months. We would like to lodge ASAP beause I have a great job that I would like to keep.

Does anyone know if our situation might be waived due to my studying but because we have been together for 3 years? We have lots of evidence of travelling together (paying for each others things, he payed for me to fly out here several times), and keeping in contact. but not much else financially.And currently we have been living together in his parents house, paying rent only through an online transfer....

anyway, any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi,

Would like to know if anyone has any advice or have similar situation that they can share their experience.

My partner and I have been together for 3 years, Long distance. I'm from the USA and i was studying in college. he was in Australia working full time. We were apart because i was studying. We basically flew back and forth for 3 years visiting each other for 6 weeks, 6 weeks, 5 months, 1 week. and now we have been living together in Australia for 9 months. We would like to lodge ASAP beause I have a great job that I would like to keep.

Does anyone know if our situation might be waived due to my studying but because we have been together for 3 years? We have lots of evidence of travelling together (paying for each others things, he payed for me to fly out here several times), and keeping in contact. but not much else financially.And currently we have been living together in his parents house, paying rent only through an online transfer....

anyway, any advice would be appreciated!
Hi Vivi,
The absence of any feedback is indicative of just how varied relationship visas can be and I've not seen any threads that do touch on your situation.
You obviously have great relationship longevity and whilst that would help, ultimately the only people able to make a decision re the 12 months requirement will be immigration.

If you have a look at the CAQ under the 12 months relationship link on Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) , you see an example of allowances being made of separations.

I'd suggest you have a good read of the CAQ , have your evidence assembled in an application format to clearly show your total relationship time and then see about getting an appointment at the nearest immigration office to you for starters and hopefully with someone reasonably knowledgeable and you raising the CAQ example you may be able to get a reasonable idea on your chances.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.