Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Apologies if this question has been asked elsewhere, I did try to search and read through some of the stickies but wasn't able to find a clear answer!

I'm an Australian Citizen who has been living in Singapore since I was 7. My husband is Filipino and we have been married for two years. We have decided to move back to Australia with our daughter (Australian by descent).

I've downloaded all the forms and read the booklets, but there is no mention of how I can go about proving I will be able to provide financial support and accommodation for my husband, considering I don't live in Australia and we would probably be going back together once he gets his visa (ie. I won't be going there first without him).

Does anyone have experience with applying for the partner visa while both of them were living outside Australia with no job or property in Australia? Is it just a matter of giving my Singapore tax statements to show I have an income, bank statements etc? (Unfortunately, we do not have much in the way of savings). I have family and friends in Australia, should I be getting statements from them offering their support as well?

Help would be great, thank you so much for your time :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Claire,

we were both living outside of Australia at the time of the lodgement and during the application my partner (the sponsor) was even unemployed so he could travel to see family and go to his brothers wedding.
We provided my salary statement and the tax statements of my partner for the past 2 years.
We also wrote in our stat decs what we were planning to work as in Australia and what our qualifications for these jobs are.

This was sufficient for our CO

·
Registered
14 Posts
We are shortly due to lodge our application from outside Australia.

We own a house in uk and oz which will help, but to show my partner can support me I've included the following:
Bank statements showing we have continuously remained in the black
Tax documents far as far back as we could find for both of us to show regular incomes
Copy of our respective CVs to show past employment and employability in oz
Our personal statements detailing past commitment to work and prospects in oz.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We are shortly due to lodge our application from outside Australia.

We own a house in uk and oz which will help, but to show my partner can support me I've included the following:
Bank statements showing we have continuously remained in the black
Tax documents far as far back as we could find for both of us to show regular incomes
Copy of our respective CVs to show past employment and employability in oz
Our personal statements detailing past commitment to work and prospects in oz.

I hope this helps.
Sorry forgot to add that we included copies of degree certificates/professional qualifications

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Apologies if this question has been asked elsewhere, I did try to search and read through some of the stickies but wasn't able to find a clear answer!

I'm an Australian Citizen who has been living in Singapore since I was 7. My husband is Filipino and we have been married for two years. We have decided to move back to Australia with our daughter (Australian by descent).

I've downloaded all the forms and read the booklets, but there is no mention of how I can go about proving I will be able to provide financial support and accommodation for my husband, considering I don't live in Australia and we would probably be going back together once he gets his visa (ie. I won't be going there first without him).

Does anyone have experience with applying for the partner visa while both of them were living outside Australia with no job or property in Australia? Is it just a matter of giving my Singapore tax statements to show I have an income, bank statements etc? (Unfortunately, we do not have much in the way of savings). I have family and friends in Australia, should I be getting statements from them offering their support as well?

Help would be great, thank you so much for your time :)
Hi Claire,

I am also from Singapore and will submit our partner (we are married) visa next month. I just want to ask if you have already submitted yours and how long it took for you to get you visa? Or at least assigned a visa officer.

My husband is Australian and currently lives in Melbourne while I am a Filipino living here in Singapore.

Thanks.

Mars

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.