Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! I and my partner are thinking about to apply for a partner visa, we met in Bali in 2011, and have been in touch by skype sessions and facebook, I'm from Brazil and he is australian. I decided to move to australia with a student visa to try a relationship with him. So that is my situation if someone can give me a light please be welcome to help me!

We met first time in MARCH of 2011.
In AUGUST 2012 we met in Europe and spent one and an half month traveling together.
In NOVEMBER 2012 I moved to Australia, he kept traveling until december.
DECEMBER 2012 I met all his family and went to his brother wedding
DECEMBER 2012 he started to work on the mine in WA.
We met once a month for 10 days since he started to work in WA.
We don't have a lease together, cause I was living in a room by myself, and always we go to his mother house or to travel together on his holidays. I can't live with him, because I'm not allowed to live on the mine camp.
APRIL 2013 we registered our relationship in a registry.
APRIL 2013 we open an account together.
APRIL 2013 I left Australia and moved to Indonesia (Bali), cause Brazil is too far to him visit me on his holidays.

We don't have too many proofs cause we didn't know that it was so complicated...

I just have pictures, the statements of our friends and family, 5 or 6 of them, almost nothing to proof the financial dependence, some tickets of our travel (just mines here doesn't have any of them), just one card for valentines day
(he gave to me) one card for my birthday (this one is from his mum), nothing more.
We are in a serious relationship since september 2012 we love each other and want to be together. We are planing a trip next year when he finish his job on the mine, I don't know what to do, cause our relation is real, but we don't have too many proofs, I'm really scared cause I cant even think about cant be with him just because of my nationality...
I hope someone can help me!
Regards, Lili

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi there!

My partner is Brazilian & we've successfully been through the partner visa process... one thing I'll mention first up for you to keep in mind is that if you submit your partner visa application offshore (ie in Bali, Indonesia) they will send it by diplomatic post back to Brazil for processing (which could take 6-8 weeks).... so save yourself time & send it by courier direct to the Embassy in Brazil.

Secondly, the Embassy in Brazil is going to expect quite a lot of relationship evidence. I had been in a relationship with my partner for well over 3 years, had inches thick of paperwork evidence, and they were still unconvinced & requested more of us! On the facts you've submitted, I think it highly unlikely you would pass their test for a defacto relationship partner visa, even with the relationship registration. They will want to see that you've lived together (for minimum of 6 months) and have established strong ties together.

I would suggest you either apply for another student visa, for minimum 6 months OR apply for a Prospective Marriage (Fiance) visa.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Another option may be come here on a tourist visa for 3 months and gain lot of proof, photos, receipts in both names when staying in motels, proof of travel together, have an engagement party and collect all the cards from well wishers as well as family photos. Print of the facebook pages where you have been communicating as that will provide a timeline around some of the time you have known each other

Reactions: lilisa

·
Registered
962 Posts
Woops bank statements where he has paid to travel agent ie credit card or savings account. The travel agent usually keeps a copy of previous travel, so it might be worth trying to get a copy of his regular flights to Bali and some evidence that you were there at the same time, both your passports should indicate this

Reactions: lilisa

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi! Thanks for reply! I'm happy your partner got the visa! How long it takes to get the visa? Have your partner aplyed in australia?
Yeah I'm think about to take a student visa again for more 6 months and go back to Brazil and aply there, cause We are going to the World Cup next year and we'll be travelling for 4 to 6 months, so I can wait for the visa while I'm traveling with him! I'm just anxious, I never tought about to have a relationship with someone from another country, and this situation (wait long time to get a visa) is so cruel... I hope I get my visa soon!! Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi lilisa

It took my partner about 4.5 months to get a PMV (Fiance) visa from the embassy in Brazil (which is pretty fast)...

I think that's an excellent idea to get a student visa for 6 months & try to build up as much as evidence as possible in Australia in that time. It will also look really good if you are travelling in Brazil together next year & he spends some time with your family -- that's one of the things our Case Officer wanted more evidence of (I'd already been to Brazil 2 times when we applied for his PMV, but they waited til after my 3rd trip to ask for proof that I'd gone yet again). I think because Brazil is so far & expensive to travel to from Australia, they consider it good proof of your committment to each other. Also I think they like to see that your partner has made an effort to understand your learn/culture :)

All the best, Boa sorte

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi theskyisblue! Thanks for reply! 4,5 months is really fast cause I know there is some cases that it can be 6 to 7 months! Good to know that brazilian embassy works well.
My boyfriend is going to Brazil after me, I'm going in april he's going in may probably... So I wont have any pictures of him with my family, but its good to know that its important so I can take a lot of pictures with him while in my house in Brazil and send it when they ask for more proofs... And to me now (that i have to do) is so annoying to take pictures, because is a kind of obligation, its not something that you do because you want, now it sounds all the time that Im just collecting proofs haha terrible!

·
Registered
962 Posts
While you are together in Brazil go visit another place and stay in a motel and make sure the receipt is made out in both names (more proof)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.