Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey

has anyone done the Medical with Lipomas (small fatty lumps around the body)

got my medical tomorrow.

how thorough is the pat down? do they touch your whole body etc etc

Thanks,
Jake.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
As they are benign and I would doubt there is a medical reason to treat them they shouldn't be an issue as they won't put you over the financial threshold, they aren't a risk to Australia and they won't take a service in demand.

The doctor will notice them when they are listening to your lungs if they are on your torso - the medical isn't particularly invasive assuming you have just been asked to do the basics.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Just a quick question to Mania :)

I haven't been asked to do mine yet but am I right in thinking that the basic medicals are just urine + blood tests plus listening to chest and x-rays?

Just for future reference.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
That's a pretty fair assessment - Although the doctor will be a bit more hands on, palpating the abdomen for instance.

I have a suspicion it will also depend on what you tell them - if you have preexsisting conditions the doctor will probably look closer at it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
That's a pretty fair assessment - Although the doctor will be a bit more hands on, palpating the abdomen for instance.

I have a suspicion it will also depend on what you tell them - if you have preexsisting conditions the doctor will probably look closer at it.
Thanks for the reply!

I don't have any medical conditions, I think I was just over thinking it and I couldn't find much on Aussie medicals but read some horror stories for other countries :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.