Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Anyone here have success story of Applying Partners Visa (offshore) before Wedding but soon to be Married ? Please share your thoughts if it is okay to lodge as partners we had also registered our relationship in Australia since August 2018.

Situation:
*I am in long distance relationship with my Australian partner for almost 3 years,
*we aren't married yet,
*had registered our relationship since last August 2018,
*got engaged November 2018,
*soon to be married at 2020( earlier as possible),
*had 5 meetings and accumulated 80 days only being together (since meeting from 2017-2018).
*We own a property together ( still on mortgage both in our names)
*Processing an Joint bank account ( application not yet completed)

Which do you think or what kind of visa we are eligible to apply?
Thank you so much. I am just so confused

My personal preference is Partner Visa offshore 309

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Does Anyone here have success story of Applying Partners Visa (offshore) before Wedding but soon to be Married ? Please share your thoughts if it is okay to lodge as partners we had also registered our relationship in Australia since August 2018.
It is a risky strategy to rely on someone else's success story. People's circumstances differ a lot and there are simply too many variables in this game. What works for someone else, may not work for you.

·
Super Moderator
2,110 Posts

Situation:
*I am in long distance relationship with my Australian partner for almost 3 years,
*we aren't married yet,
*had registered our relationship since last August 2018,
*got engaged November 2018,
*soon to be married at 2020( earlier as possible),
*had 5 meetings and accumulated 80 days only being together (since meeting from 2017-2018).
*We own a property together ( still on mortgage both in our names)
*Processing an Joint bank account ( application not yet completed)

Which do you think or what kind of visa we are eligible to apply?
Thank you so much. I am just so confused

My personal preference is Partner Visa offshore 309
You are certainly not in a position to successfully apply for a 309 Visa, to do so would be to throwaway your $7000 plus! You would probably qualify for a Prospective Marriage Visa.
As has been suggested, before doing anything else, seek professional guidance from any of the Registered Migration Agents listed in the sticky at the top of this forum list. It will save you a lot of money, tears and heartbreak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.