Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Hoping you all can help or share your experience.

Is it possible to apply for an offshore partner visa if both the applicant and sponsor are overseas? I.e. sponsor is not based in Australia but is an Australian citizen.

My partner and I are living together in NZ and I have a stable job here. We want to move back to Australia and settle down there but don't want to do long distance while the visa is processing.

If we apply offshore, we will only move back to Australia once the visa is approved. However, given my responsibilities as a sponsor, would this be an option considering I am not living/working in Australia?

We are going to contact a Migration Agent to work on a strategy but thought I'd do some research beforehand.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Yes, you can. It is a very common scenario.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi hope you’re well i am very new to this forum first wanna say thanks to everyone for kind guidance My partner waiting for her partner visa from last 26 months we have little baby boy he born in india and he’s Australian citizen by decent. After 25 months finally we got cal from case officer they requested for medical and pcc because previous one got expired we submitted pcc and medical 2 weeks back now status showing further assessment. How long they will take to finalised now .?do we need to cal them if grant doesn’t come in 4 weeks time .? Plz help me i m so stressed now i am in india past 6 months waiting for my wife visa . Waiting for your reply Thanks 🙏🏻 Regards Raj

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.