Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im nova..
does anyone can tell me about my bridging visa question please ..
so before im applying my partner visa im still holding my tourist visa then my bridging visa granted on 24 february 2018 and my tourist visa ending on 16 april 2018 , and it says on my visa is my bridging visa is not in effect because my visitor is currently in effect and this is my question

* so my bridging visa now in effect yet because my tourist visa is not in effect since 16 april 2018 ?

* am i allowed to get australian driving license now while im on my visa?

i hope that anyone could help me and thank you .

nova

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
How long is the stay period on your tourist visa?

When did you enter Australia last?

You can check to see if the BVA is in effect through VEVO.

Which state do you reside?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
It seems your Bridging Visa A will start when your Visitor Visa ends on the 16 April 2018.

Yes You can get Australian driving licence now if you wish.

You can also now get Medicare.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my last tourist visa is granted for one year and 3 months stay each period, i arrived in australia on 16 january 2018 on my tourist visa then i apply my partner visa on 24 february 2018
im from indonesia

thank you
nova

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and i did open vevo and this is they say
"Entered details cannot be confirmed as the TRN/Visa Grant number/Evidence number does not match your current visa. Please confirm your current visa details and re-enter your enquiry. Otherwise, call 1800 040 070 and an officer will assist you.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Bridging Visa A starts after the 3 months so 16 April 2018.

Full work rights then!

Drivers licences from memory have a time you must change over from - but pretty sure you can change over/ apply for new at any time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bridging Visa A starts after the 3 months so 16 April 2018.

Full work rights then!

Drivers licences from memory have a time you must change over from - but pretty sure you can change over/ apply for new at any time.
so after 3 months of my tourist visa ending i can find job or study in australia?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
and i did open vevo and this is they say
"Entered details cannot be confirmed as the TRN/Visa Grant number/Evidence number does not match your current visa. Please confirm your current visa details and re-enter your enquiry. Otherwise, call 1800 040 070 and an officer will assist you.
Are you entering the details of your BVA? If this is the message you got, try entering the details of your tourist visa and see what that says.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
so after 3 months of my tourist visa ending i can find job or study in australia?
It is 3 months from the date you last arrived in Australia.

At this date your Bridging Visa starts and you can work and study.

**If you leave Australia before your Bridging Visa starts - everything changes.

** Study may not be cheap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have been reading a lot of your posts about partner visa. We have lodged our 820/801 on 30 Apr 2018. Don't know how long we'll have to wait but reading your posts helps. Feeling we are not alone. Thank you all.

We have been together for more than 12 years, married since 2010. We have been living overseas for a long time so we never applied for our partner visa for Australia. We relocated back to Australia since 2016.

Due to the fact that we have been together for a long time, will this shorten the waiting time for the 820/801 visa to be granted?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You should be looking at having the 820 & 801 granted at the same time.

So yes the process should be quicker than the 820 grant then the 801 processed again.

Still might not be fast in actual time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You should be looking at having the 820 & 801 granted at the same time.

So yes the process should be quicker than the 820 grant then the 801 processed again.

Still might not be fast in actual time.
Thanks for your reply!

I have read some very encouraging posts here. Really hope that we don't have to wait for a long time. Anyone here got their 820 in a short timeframe? Would be nice to hear more from you guys.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I would verify first that you're on a BVA. If the tourist visa gives you the same error message and the BVA is giving you the same error message, then something is up. Check your immi account and see if they made a decision on your 820.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Processing times for partner visas are all over the place at the moment. There seems to be a trend of sending onshore applications offshore for processing, and these have been faster. I recently had an 820 visa granted in just 10 weeks (lodged on 23 January and granted 9 April), processed in Phnom Penh. Other applications lodged prior to this are still waiting. The length of your relationship will not affect the processing time, but decision ready applications may be processed more quickly.

Lisa De Leon
MARN 1170616
Australian Visa Options

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have just received another S56 request asking for:
- Evidence of length of de facto relationship (at least 12 months)
- Evidence of your relationship with your de facto partner

I am really confused as to what to add as i have already provided:

-Joint Tenancy agreements 1/3 addresses
- Joint Bank account
- Facebook conversations discussing my arrival to Australia to live with my partner
- Proof of joint addresses at each location since living in Australia
- Photos of us both together, dating back to November 2015 and continuing to the current date
- My Flight tickets to Australia
- Flight tickets for us both to visit the UK
- Bank statements with highlighted transactions between us both
- Corresponding home addresses via various bills from both parties (utility bills, bank statements, phone bills)

I have reached the 60 document limit so have to use additional documents. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I can use?

Many thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Processing times for partner visas are all over the place at the moment. There seems to be a trend of sending onshore applications offshore for processing, and these have been faster. I recently had an 820 visa granted in just 10 weeks (lodged on 23 January and granted 9 April), processed in Phnom Penh. Other applications lodged prior to this are still waiting. The length of your relationship will not affect the processing time, but decision ready applications may be processed more quickly.

Lisa De Leon
MARN 1170616
Australian Visa Options
Can you share what's decision ready? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have just received another S56 request asking for:
- Evidence of length of de facto relationship (at least 12 months)
- Evidence of your relationship with your de facto partner

I am really confused as to what to add as i have already provided:

-Joint Tenancy agreements 1/3 addresses
- Joint Bank account
- Facebook conversations discussing my arrival to Australia to live with my partner
- Proof of joint addresses at each location since living in Australia
- Photos of us both together, dating back to November 2015 and continuing to the current date
- My Flight tickets to Australia
- Flight tickets for us both to visit the UK
- Bank statements with highlighted transactions between us both
- Corresponding home addresses via various bills from both parties (utility bills, bank statements, phone bills)

I have reached the 60 document limit so have to use additional documents. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I can use?

Many thanks
I am no expert and I am not a registered migration agent. But what you have listed look very complete to me. It might help to phone the department and ask: Monday - Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm (AEST) on 131 881 in Australia.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Decision ready means that all documents are uploaded including police checks and medicals are done. Every application is different so hard to say what is decision ready for one might not be for another.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi svzg. Are they asking for you to satisfy Regulation 2.03A? This is the most common reason for refusal with De Facto partners. You need to show that you have been in a relationship for at least 12 months. Look at the dates on all of your evidence and calculate how much goes back at least 12 months or longer. If most of it is fairly recent that is why they are asking for more. The easiest way to satisfy Reg. 2.03A is by registering your relationship if you are permitted to do so in the state in which you reside. This then negates the need for evidence of the 12 month duration. You can attach additional evidence through the Sponsor's attachments if you have already uploaded 60 documents. Watch the date, you will only have 28 days to respond.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Immigration forum

Dear All
could you please let me Know or find Immigration forum, because I would like to life and work in Australia .
best regards,
Osama Ahmed.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.