Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

So we had a lawyer that I had to discontinue with due to some issues.

Now I have 80% of the visa done, waiting on an overseas police cert, still gathering relationship evidence, and just have to write the stuff out how we function in our relationship.

I did my own PR visa so I am used to them although the partner visa is a bit trickier.

My question is, do u guys think we should pay another couple of thousand dollars for another lawyer, or do it ourselves ??

Also his current visa expires on the 23/6. How long do we have to lodge the parter one?

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
It will depend on your case and the evidence you have, but at a minimum it could be very wise to have a Registered Migration Agent review your application before you submit it.

Not all offer that service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Vast2018,

Recent statistics show that almost 50% of partner visas lodged without a migration agent get refused: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Acce...cuments/FOI/fa180100060-document-released.pdf

Unfortunately the challenge with the Partner Visas now is that even on Immigration's website it doesn't detail all the requirements and how to actually satisfy the four pillars of the relationship which is a legislative requirement to approve the Visa. And less and less info is available to the public to do which is why the refusal rates are getting higher.

Please feel free to send me an email if you have any questions.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
Kelly Lloyd MARN: 1386565
Direct: +61 2 9993 1046 Mobile: 0417 202 219
email: [email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.