Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I would appreciate any advice !

My bf is scottish & on a WHV he arrived in June we are living together and are looking into applying for a partner visa. If we apply for this visa before the WHV expires then we wont reach the 12mths living together requirement.

-can we register our relationship (victoria) and be waived the full12mth period living together?

- we were together in the UK(but not living together) for aprox 2mths before I returned to australia, stayed in contact for 6 mths (phone calls, emails) before he arrvied in june.

- or would it be easier for him to get a extended WHV, then apply for the partner visa? or a student visa?

Many thanks,
Lucy

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Some people have been applying for the relationship registrations Lucy but you'll still need to be together for a good six months and he have a drivers or shooters licence to go with his UK passport.
I'd suggest it'd probably be better for him to do three months regional work or WWOOF Australia Official Website and maybe you can organise your holidays if you work to be with him for a bit of the time.
Even with a waiver you'll still need good evidence that you have a relationship so have a good read of Booklet #1 and also the sticky thread by elkitten may help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.