Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Partner visa being processed before WHV ends? Can I travel?
I applied for my partner visa in December 2017 and was granted a BVA, my working holiday visa doesn't expire until June 2018. It says on my bridging visa I can travel on my working holiday visa until it runs out. Now I've had a request for our police checks and my medicals which seems like they might grant it when they have these things. I'm due to visit family in England in a week and to be on holiday in Japan for another month in May. I know my partner visa can't be granted when I'm out of the country. So my question is, can I travel? Or how can I get them to delay granting it? I've emailed the office that asked for more info but haven't had a reply yet.
Thanks for any advice!
Charlotte

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also have a similar question, I applied for my onshore 820/801 visa in March 2018, my 417 WHV runs out in November and my Bridging visa A comes into effect. If I leave the country in July whilst still on my 417 will that cancel my Bridging visa A if I return to Aus before my BVA comes into affect?
Also, I know its a real long shot but what IF for some reason my temporary partnership visa miraculously got granted while I was out of the country on my WHV before my bridging visa A had started, would that mean I would loose my temporary partnership visa because I was out of the country???
Please and Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I also have a similar question, I applied for my onshore 820/801 visa in March 2018, my 417 WHV runs out in November and my Bridging visa A comes into effect. If I leave the country in July whilst still on my 417 will that cancel my Bridging visa A if I return to Aus before my BVA comes into affect?
Also, I know its a real long shot but what IF for some reason my temporary partnership visa miraculously got granted while I was out of the country on my WHV before my bridging visa A had started, would that mean I would loose my temporary partnership visa because I was out of the country???
Please and Thanks!!
Answered in the other thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.