Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone - my partner and I (both over 50) with a 4 year relationship at the time of applying for partner visa, in April 2017, 19th month ago, and still have had no answer.

Could couples who have applied around the same time tell us if they have had any news - the processing time given to us at the time was between 12 and 18 months.

Thank you

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Unfortunately, the time given when you applied was kind of useless. They don't lock in those waiting times for you. Just means that when you applied at that time, 75% of applicants were processed in 12 months and 90% processed in 18 months. That was more relevant for people that applied 1-1.5 years before you.

Today, if you took the 820/801 route, estimated waits are 75% in 21 months and 90% in 25 months, so you're still within that.

If you took the 309/100 route, it's 75% in 12 months and 90% in 17 months. In this case, you're the unlucky 10% but should be able to lodge a complaint and hopefully that would push you through.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello everyone - my partner and I (both over 50) with a 4 year relationship at the time of applying for partner visa, in April 2017, 19th month ago, and still have had no answer.

Could couples who have applied around the same time tell us if they have had any news - the processing time given to us at the time was between 12 and 18 months.

Thank you
Current waiting times on the immi website are 18-25 months... so I guess you are still within their "normal" processing time. But you could try contacting them.

We applied 2 February 2018 and received our first email on the 5 November (from the immigration office in WA) requesting a medical and additional police check. Some people get asked for their medicals and then still have to wait another 12 months to get a grant. Others don't get asked till after a much longer wait and then get their grant in 2 days.

From reading the forums here it seems there is no method to the timeline...it just depends on the office your file in being processed in and your case officers work load. Theres another forum here under the title "820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room!" that has quite a few people comment on with their experience and time frame. Which is comforting when it seems extra long.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately, the time given when you applied was kind of useless. They don't lock in those waiting times for you. Just means that when you applied at that time, 75% of applicants were processed in 12 months and 90% processed in 18 months. That was more relevant for people that applied 1-1.5 years before you.

Today, if you took the 820/801 route, estimated waits are 75% in 21 months and 90% in 25 months, so you're still within that.

If you took the 309/100 route, it's 75% in 12 months and 90% in 17 months. In this case, you're the unlucky 10% but should be able to lodge a complaint and hopefully that would push you through.
Thank you so much for your answer - I really do appreciate your time in answering so informatively.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.