Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My partner does not want to disclose her previous marriage with a guy from Austria. She won't tell me his name but showed me a divorce decree for 2 mins(literally) showing she had been legally divorce.The best part is she slowly told me this information but she says since Austria has no record of it and only Pakistani court has so no one will ever know. Now she is applying visit visa and refusing to attach divorce decree.
I want to apply her spouse but she expects me to not mention her previous marriage ,i don't know why? She has lived in EU for 2 years before.Her last visit visa to Australia was rejected based on non-genuine marriage clause.What are my legal obligations?

The above is query of my friend.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
My partner does not want to disclose her previous marriage with a guy from Austria. She won't tell me his name but showed me a divorce decree for 2 mins(literally) showing she had been legally divorce.The best part is she slowly told me this information but she says since Austria has no record of it and only Pakistani court has so no one will ever know. Now she is applying visit visa and refusing to attach divorce decree.
I want to apply her spouse but she expects me to not mention her previous marriage ,i don't know why? She has lived in EU for 2 years before.Her last visit visa to Australia was rejected based on non-genuine marriage clause.What are my legal obligations?

The above is query of my friend.
Those sort of things tend to surface at inconvenient moments. With that kind of attitude any visa application may well be doomed.

Reactions: wrussell

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there such a thing Mania?
Apparently she claims she did a paper marriage for Austrian passport but then the guy left her after 2 months .Marriage was never reported to Austrian immigration and only Pakistani courts knew it as she finalised divorce so he can't claim her property. Well before she even didnt tell the guy the full story so she is hiding a lot and poor guy seems struck if he should leave her but she is holding his $10,000 stuff in her possession.She also wont declare and hide her marriage on Facebook. for me, this girl sounds like a con artist.

·
Registered
710 Posts
maybe just as well the question was asked!

Is there such a thing Mania?
Apparently she claims she did a paper marriage for Austrian passport but then the guy left her after 2 months .Marriage was never reported to Austrian immigration and only Pakistani courts knew it as she finalised divorce so he can't claim her property. Well before she even didnt tell the guy the full story so she is hiding a lot and poor guy seems struck if he should leave her but she is holding his $10,000 stuff in her possession.She also wont declare and hide her marriage on Facebook. for me, this girl sounds like a con artist.

·
Registered
7 Posts
oh thats really sad to hear about story reminds me of my close friend lullaby , exactly happened to her . she got married to PR holder who lied about his previous marriage that her ex wife cheated on him. Ex wife got pregnant and apprently he lied to my friend that that baby is not his . so my friend felt pity and decided to give him unconditional love which he deserve . So they got married . My friend lived back home with the inlaws and guy left for perth. Inlaws tortured my friend on daily basis and took her GOLD jewels and her expensive clothes away . Moreover the mother in law did character assassination by calling here and there regarding my friend.The guy now left my friend in her parents and torture her daily over the phone so she can apply for divorce .

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Perhaps my sarcasm wasn't so inappropriate after all..

·
Registered
5 Posts
if the immigration department get even a sniff of something being not right they will follow up on it and it can cause big problems.

Theres nothing wrong with being divorced, as far as the govt is concerned but leaving out information on purpose or trying to mislead the govt is a big no no and could lead to long term difficulties trying to enter the country.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.