Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm slowing getting through my visa application and would really appreciate some help if possible please.

I'm married to an Australian and we have 2 children (we're just waiting for their citizenships by descent to come through) and currently living in the UK.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Do we need to both fill out a statutory declaration form (888) stating our commitment to each other, or is our marriage and 2 children enough? (That feels like a very odd question to write!)

2) For the main 5 questions where you have 2000 words, can I put all the information into PDF documents (so 5 documents, 1 for each question) and attach as evidence. I would then write in the boxes "Please see evidence titled..."

Thanks for your help. I have a tendency to over complicate things, but I want to make things as simple for the assessor as possible.

Best wishes,
Louise

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hi there,

I'm slowing getting through my visa application and would really appreciate some help if possible please.

I'm married to an Australian and we have 2 children (we're just waiting for their citizenships by descent to come through) and currently living in the UK.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Do we need to both fill out a statutory declaration form (888) stating our commitment to each other, or is our marriage and 2 children enough? (That feels like a very odd question to write!) - Form 888 is a stat dec for Australian citizens (or PR) to write and attest to the true and genuine nature of you and your partner's relationship. From what I've read (and what we've done) is that you're able to write statements and attach them as evidence in your application. Should you need to send a stat dec in regards to your application, you could find a template of a stat dec from the country (and county/village/town/city) you reside in and use that. Though I will mention that it may not be necessary for you to provide those statements in the form of a stat dec. My partner and I (and others here from what I've read) have typed up statements, printed them and signed them, scanned them back on to the computer.

2) For the main 5 questions where you have 2000 words, can I put all the information into PDF documents (so 5 documents, 1 for each question) and attach as evidence. I would then write in the boxes "Please see evidence titled..." - I believe a lot of people do that. If you feel like 2000 isn't enough, you can write statements, print, sign, scan and upload and in the question field write "please see evidence titled "applicant_relationship_statement" or something to that effect.

Thanks for your help. I have a tendency to over complicate things, but I want to make things as simple for the assessor as possible.

Best wishes,
Louise
It can be quite easy to over complicate your application and overthink things as well. God knows I've done it, hell, I'm still doing it! We thought we would be ready to lodge in September. We're in January now and we're so thankful we found this forum and the fine and knowledgeable people here. Otherwise it is likely we would have made a $7,000 donation to the Department.

In regards to your questions, I've answered to the best of my ability in bold text.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.