Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This question is for my friend's situation.

My friend is under Subclass 820, currently in Australia with her dependent son. Her Subclass 801 is under process.

Her dependent son just recently got married here in Australia to a non citizen - non PR while they are still under Subclass 820.

My question is will her son lose her dependent status after the marriage.

Will her son still get PR under her mum's partner visa?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Dependent child
A child or stepchild, who has not turned 18 years of age, or, if aged 18 years or over, is a dependant.

A dependent child must not have a partner or be engaged to be married.

After marriage, the child is no longer a dependent.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dependent child
A child or stepchild, who has not turned 18 years of age, or, if aged 18 years or over, is a dependant.

A dependent child must not have a partner or be engaged to be married.

After marriage, the child is no longer a dependent.
Thank you very much CCMS for your reply.

So it means that although her son has Subclass 820,the child will no longer be dependent child now. Will they receive a rejection from immigration? and is the processing of her mum"s subclass 801 will be affected?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Thank you very much CCMS for your reply.

So it means that although her son has Subclass 820,the child will no longer be dependent child now. Will they receive a rejection from immigration? and is the processing of her mum"s subclass 801 will be affected?
I can't advise on specific cases on a public forum, especially not through a third party. They can contact me directly for a proper consultation and advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.