Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Ive done my best to try and see if these questions exist so apologies if its been answered before.

If paid for my 309 visa and i now am uploading documents. I have a few questions. I noticed people saying their passport/id documents had to be certified by a witness, on the required documents it doesnt say this it just says a copy of both pages of the passport... I didnt get them certified, im presuming with things like this where either the officer needs more or needs it differently they will email me and ask for it as oppose to refusing my application....

I need a health check and there are no registered examination centers near me (judging by the help page find a medical examiner), can i just ring my local hospital and see if they will do it or does it have to be one of the listed?

With the police checks it says the sponsor, my australian girlfriend, needs police checks as well as me, the applicant. Since she has been living in the UK for more than 12 months does that mean she needs both a UK and Australian police check? I wouldnt of thought she would need one considering she already has the right to live in australia?

finally, on the sponsor document list there are only around 3 documents that apply to us, proof of her australian citizienship and her ID, so we uploaded her passport, and her 40SP form. There are a max of 60 documents here but i cant understand how anyone could upload that many for the sponsor?

I was just wondering also how it works? I know i will get emailed in the coming months about my case officer and they will look through everything. Will they just email me asking for additional things i've missed, for example i saw on other posts people waiting to be asked to upload their police certificate as oppose to uploading it straight away, i was planning on doing this as the date of entry is a year after the certificate is given, and since we can only leave from May 2019 i was thinking to wait to upload it to give us more time?
Thanks so much for all your help

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
1. "Your documents do not have to be certified." Source.

2. I'm assuming you're currently in the UK. If not I'll send you a link if you tell me your country. Panel physicians. The medical must be completed by a panel physician listed or it will not count. You'll need the appropriate form with HAPID as well. Not uncommon to have to travel to one. I myself had to drive a few hours to the nearest one.

3. "Sponsors must provide an Australian Police Certificate ... if the sponsor has spent a total of 12 months or more in Australia since turning 16." And "If the sponsor has spent a total of 12 months or more outside Australia since turning 16, they must also provide a police certificate from any country, including their home country, that they spent a total of 12 or more months in the last 10 years." Source.

4. You upload what is required. Technically every partner visa application gets 120 upload spots (60 for applicant and 60 for sponsor) but a well done app with plenty of evidence would use about 30-40 total. FYI if the sponsor did the online form, there was no need to also upload a paper 40SP. Hence why online the sponsor checklist only mentions the online form and nothing about a paper 40SP. Not that it matters for you now but other people may be reading this so thought I'd point it out.

5. If everything is supplied, the only email you may get is the grant notice. They don't email you just to tell you they're looking at your case or a CO has been assigned. If they're requesting something, it's usually because you failed to provide it and technically they don't have to request those things and can mak a decision based on what you supplied. The exception is police and medical as due to long processing times, they recommend waiting until requested as they are only valid for 12 months from the date they were done, not the date they were uploaded (so if your police check is dated for 1/1/18 and you upload it in May, it's only valid for 12 months from 1/1/18).
"You can provide the following police certificates with your application, but you do not have to. If you do not provide them, will ask for them." Source.

"You can have health checks before you apply for the visa or you can wait until we tell you to have them. Health checks are only valid for one year. If your visa takes longer than a year to process you will need to have, and pay for, the checks again. We recommend that you wait for us to contact you about health checks." Source.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.