Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that people who have been in relationships for longer than 3 years are able to apply directly for PR? Does that mean the application needs to contain 12 months of evidence or 36 months? If the relationship is for 10 years, do you have to supply 10 years worth?

Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everyone applies for TR and PR at the same time, hence it being a 309/100 or 820/801 application. So regardless of length of relationship, everyone makes the same application for both.

The process is intended to go

APPLICATION -> TWO YEAR WAITING PERIOD (TR usually granted sometime here) -> STAGE 2 ELIGIBILITY (which is PR)

If an applicant, at time of application, meets the long term relationship criteria of three years or two years with a child of the relationship (and supplies sufficient evidence of the marriage/de facto relationship for that time period), then that two year waiting period can be waived. TR would be granted with PR immediately following. But applicants still have to wait in queue like everyone else to be assessed for TR, just PR gets granted at the same time.

To answer your other question, if you only supply 12 months of evidence of your relationship, how does the case officer know you've been together long enough to meet the long term relationship criteria? They aren't going to just take your word for it. You need to supply that evidence too. In my opinion, evidence supplied should cover the relationship period to give the CO the best idea of how the relationship developed over time. My partner and I supplied information about our relationship from 10 years prior to application as it was relevant to our case. Every relationship is different.
Thanks for replying, that's helped me understand it. Good point about the evidence and showing how it's evolved over time, i'll try and include as much as possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.