Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Roughly two hours ago we got our golden email. We applied February 12th, 2018. We're still in shock about it all, really. We can't believe it was granted and how quickly it was granted. Just stunned.

A bit about us, we met online late 2015, started dating long distance, she moved to Canada in early 2016 and we have been together ever since. We became engaged in January of this year, married this past weekend. I updated our immi account to tell the department we were married yesterday around this time. We received our golden email roughly two hours ago.

I can't say thank you to the people of this forum enough. The regular posters, the mods, the RMA's, the seasoned vets and the random folks who pop their heads in every now and again. I'm positive that without this forum we wouldn't be where we are today. So from my wife and I, thank you all so much.

A bit about our application for those who are interested:

Front loaded, decision ready application. Police checks included in the initial lodging of our application, my medical was submitted to the department roughly 11 days after that.

No direct contact from a CO, save for being told I had a CO (that's still confusing), no request for additional information. Updated our change of circumstance and informed the department we were married, visa granted the day after.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey everyone,

Roughly two hours ago we got our golden email. We applied February 12th, 2018. We're still in shock about it all, really. We can't believe it was granted and how quickly it was granted. Just stunned.

A bit about us, we met online late 2015, started dating long distance, she moved to Canada in early 2016 and we have been together ever since. We became engaged in January of this year, married this past weekend. I updated our immi account to tell the department we were married yesterday around this time. We received our golden email roughly two hours ago.

I can't say thank you to the people of this forum enough. The regular posters, the mods, the RMA's, the seasoned vets and the random folks who pop their heads in every now and again. I'm positive that without this forum we wouldn't be where we are today. So from my wife and I, thank you all so much.

A bit about our application for those who are interested:

Front loaded, decision ready application. Police checks included in the initial lodging of our application, my medical was submitted to the department roughly 11 days after that.

No direct contact from a CO, save for being told I had a CO (that's still confusing), no request for additional information. Updated our change of circumstance and informed the department we were married, visa granted the day after.
:):):):):):):):):):):) Congratulations!!!!!!! You must be on cloud nine.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Congratulations. They seem to be speeding things up with applicants from low-risk countries who lodge decision-ready applications. I got a PMV from the UK recently in 6 weeks instead of the 6 to 8 months we were expecting.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations. They seem to be speeding things up with applicants from low-risk countries who lodge decision-ready applications. I got a PMV from the UK recently in 6 weeks instead of the 6 to 8 months we were expecting.
It's really quite something. We were hoping for a quick grant but were ready for 11-15 or more. It's all so surprising. Pleasantly, of course.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
For new readers I think this OP started to think an application was ready last August.

But it was many many months later they actually applied - I think they actually spent around 5 months perfecting the application.

The effort both public on the forum and via private message/s from those that accept them was monumental.

I am not at all surprised this was a very fast grant.

Other than Lady, I have never seen such good homework ( Lady had to meet schedule 3 and knew it), since I have been around.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For new readers I think this OP started to think an application was ready last August.

But it was many many months later they actually applied - I think they actually spent around 5 months perfecting the application.
That we did. We signed up for the forums to get some advice and after some reading, some questions we determined we were nowhere close to ready. Each month after we told ourselves "Ok, this is the month" and each month passed and we still weren't ready. Finally towards the end of January we were in a place (after many, many revisions we were ready.

All in all, we only uploaded 34 documents for myself and 7 for my wife. That was after we removed items, compressed others and divided others into multiple groups. Long story short (and lesson of the story) - do your homework and when you're think you're done, do it again a couple more times.

The effort both public on the forum and via private message/s from those that accept them was monumental.
Couldn't agree more, Aaron. The public and private help is what really assisted us and ultimately got us to where we needed to be.

Other than Lady, I have never seen such good homework ( Lady had to meet schedule 3 and knew it), since I have been around.
Thanks, man. Really appreciate it. But it was a group effort and as you said, the help from these parts (and folks such as yourself) was monumental.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reactions: tijanaoc
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.