1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The news article indicates it will be from 1 July 2018 but I don't know if they have it set up or not.

My understanding is it will affect those who previously have applied with only a short time before the current visa expires. It will be interesting to see how long the sponsorship approval takes and if there is any bridging visa for while they wait for the approval of not as this may affect the people applying onshore.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
It will be interesting to see how long the sponsorship approval takes and if there is any bridging visa for while they wait for the approval of not as this may affect the people applying onshore.
That's what I was wondering too. I had a peak this last night and only saw skilled visas listed.

Granted I've only been in Australia for a few days and I'm still getting over jetlag, I'm interested to see how this all plays out and if it will come to effect second stage Visa applications.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
That's what I was wondering too. I had a peak this last night and only saw skilled visas listed.

Granted I've only been in Australia for a few days and I'm still getting over jetlag, I'm interested to see how this all plays out and if it will come to effect second stage Visa applications.
I doubt it. Remember, second stage isn't an application, just an assessment to see if the relationship has continued.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Curious as to how this will affect an 820/801 coming from a PMV 300. As I the sponsor have already been approved, but then again the 820/801 is technically a new application. Kinda confusing how it will work.

300 approved already, fiance moves to Oz next month and then will apply for the 820/801 after she lands in August.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How will this affect timing of the 820 application? My partner will need a BVA shortly as her 457 runs out.

If there's a big delay in the 820 being submitted because of waiting for me to get approved as a sponsor, then this will be an issue.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
How will this affect timing of the 820 application? My partner will need a BVA shortly as her 457 runs out.

If there's a big delay in the 820 being submitted because of waiting for me to get approved as a sponsor, then this will be an issue.
Yes, it could become very problematic for onshore applicants on temporary visas and that may well be the intention.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not sure this is actually in place yet. The bill to implement the changes is still on the Senate list of bills to discuss and next Senate sitting is not until sometime in August...

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Moral of the story: if you meet the requirements for an onshore partner visa application now, don't wait...

·
Registered
7,023 Posts

As CCMS has said if you qualify now for the 820, it is a risk to delay applying.

If you do get effected you might be forced to apply for a Bridging Visa E & need to meet Schedule 3.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife applied partner visa online on 4th JulY and acknowledgement received on 5th July. This means it is not in effect as I didn't require to be approved as sponsor. Also I went for medicare and got straight way today for her. Thanks , it is badly needed for her !!

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi there, I lodged my 820 application 2 days ago but have just come across this post stating that my sponsor had to be approved before lodging, can you give me more details about this please?

thanks
You've already lodged so it's not really relevant to you, is it? If the new procedure was in place, you wouldn't have been able to lodge your application.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi there, I lodged my 820 application 2 days ago but have just come across this post stating that my sponsor had to be approved before lodging, can you give me more details about this please?

thanks
As it is now , they require police certificates for the sponsor, before they will assess your application.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.