Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I and my partner met online early 2017 and started dating by May. We finally met in person by the end of December and got engaged. I will like to know if we are eligible for the subclass 300, and if yes, can my partner who is an Australian citizen process it from Australia or I will have to in my home country.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I and my partner met online early 2017 and started dating by May. We finally met in person by the end of December and got engaged. I will like to know if we are eligible for the subclass 300, and if yes, can my partner who is an Australian citizen process it from Australia or I will have to in my home country.
I believe yes you are eligible to apply for subclass 300, i have kinda the same situation and my visa (300) was approved last September and got married 2 weeks ago. I am not an expert tho. This is only based on my experienced.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
The only way to apply is online, which can be done from anywhere there is an internet connection.

From what was posted, it is not possible to offer a considered opinion about eligibility or prospects of success.

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
Hi
As @wrussell has said with such little information no one could really comment on your chance of a successful application, however if the information you have provided is all you have done so far, you are certainly not in a position to apply for a partner visa.
You need to book an initial consultation with a Registered Migration Agent before you do anything else. ( a list of Registered Migration Agents is in the "stickie" at the top of the forum.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Nigeria is a High Risk country like many others but it is more high risk than others.

You will need to put forward a very good application with lots of evidence from since you first meet (in December 2017?) till the time of application.

I doubt you know what would be evidence or even have it at this stage.

With some knowledge of the process and a rapid learning curve during getting the application ready - plan on it taking 2-3 months to get ready to lodge the application.

There is lots of very useful information on this forum, so start reading.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe yes you are eligible to apply for subclass 300, i have kinda the same situation and my visa (300) was approved last September and got married 2 weeks ago. I am not an expert tho. This is only based on my experienced.
Hi ,
Plz im new here ,i have read that you have been through the same process of a PMV subclass 300, i have been in an online relationship for about 4 months ,and my partner is an Australian from Brisbane ,we will meet in person next month and we are planning to apply for a PMV 2 months later after his visit .
So would you plz advice me ,what could make my application more eligible and the things i should avoid .
Thank you in Advance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.