Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone! :)

I have lodged my 309 Partner visa on the 1st of Nov 2017 from Saudi Arabia. (I'm Egyptian though)

This morning I have received an email from DIBP requiring myself (applicant) and my sponsor which also happens to be my wife (I mean, obviously!) to provide them with police clearances from all countries we've lived in for the past 10 years.

Based on your past experiences, would you guys say this can mostly be the last stage of our visa processing?

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
No, this is usually one of the first stages of the partner visa. Alot of embassies are waiting a couple of months to request police checks and medicals so the applicant has longer to make their first entry into Australia.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Salam alekom my brother
I am also from Egypt, living in Saudi Arabia with my Australian wife.
i will be applying for partner visa next month (inshaallah) and I would appreciate learning from your experiences regarding the application process. Is it possible for us to communicate directly?

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Actually they asked for the medical reports & the fingerprints the second day after lodging the application
It is probably in their procedures for Saudi they ask for them after lodging. I know Egypt asks for police and medicals straight after lodging but USA and UK are usually around 3 months after lodging. Each embassy has their own procedures but alot wait a few months as entry is based on the medicals and police checks.

Asking for police checks is no indication that it is almost finished. It is all a wait and see thing.

Immigration need to conduct mandatory security checks in all countries you have lived in prior to the grant of the visa.

We don't see alot from Saudi here so no idea what their processing times are compared to other countries.

Please let us know when grant though as it would be good to know what people from Saudi can expect in processing times.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi I'm from morocco, I want to apologize upfront for my writing cause written english isnt my strong side, nevertheless im happy to see there is other people here from arabic speaking countries, its good we could help each other with experiences in the application process.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Everyone,

First, Am back now to this post just to thank everyone who helped me on this forum because i was taking your posts as a reference for a long time.

Second, am happy to inform you that i granted my 309 visa on Wednesday it took exactly 98 days from the applying date, i don't know if this period of time is normal or i was bit lucky :D .

Am opened for anyone who need help or advice.

Regards

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello Everyone,

First, Am back now to this post just to thank everyone who helped me on this forum because i was taking your posts as a reference for a long time.

Second, am happy to inform you that i granted my 309 visa on Wednesday it took exactly 98 days from the applying date, i don't know if this period of time is normal or i was bit lucky

Regards
Congratulations
I'm very happy for you, I'm also Egyptian live in madinah, KSA , my wife Australian also, I applied last week and I have some inquiries, Can you give me any contact way to speak with you please.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Second, am happy to inform you that i granted my 309 visa on Wednesday it took exactly 98 days from the applying date, i don't know if this period of time is normal or i was bit lucky :D .

Regards
Congratulations !!
we all do wish every one the best here .. But we are all here to help each other , but on the other hand, you did not wish to share your experience or try to help those who need information, yet you say that ppl on here helped you alot .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.