Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I am a Permanent Resident in Australia and I just get married! Yayyyy! My wife and me are planning to apply for partner visa (820). We are preparing our documents for the visa but we got confused becoz our agent said we must have all the documents ready before our application submit, unfortunately we may not able to get our australia criminal record check on the time we submit the application. My friends told us we can submit our criminal record check after we lodge our visa application. May I know is this possible? Our agent told us to have the police check before we lodge our application due to the Australian government policy changed on the end of last year, if we don't have enough documents on our application, the application will be refused. Please help! It's urgent!

Also, I would like to ask about the medical check. Can we do the medical check in advance? Our agent told us to prepare it before the application as well but I have no idea where can I get the referral letter except after I lodged my application.

We are so confused and worried about this. Please please please help us! Thank you so much!

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Every agent has their own way of doing things, so if you have decided to engage one you should follow their instructions instead of listening to well meaning friends or family who have no professional knowledge of immigration law.

Your agent's strategy is obviously to lodge a decision ready application. Sometimes that works in your favour and a visa is granted quickly, sometimes it doesn't and visa medicals and police certificates expire before the visa application has been finalised.

1. The sponsor's police certificates should be included with the application, if possible.
  2. The visa applicant's police certificates can be included with the application or can be provided afterwards.
  3. Visa medicals can be arranged as soon as the application has been lodged, but sometimes it is better to wait a while.

It is not true that an application will be refused because police certificates and medicals have not been provided up front. I normally explain the options and possible consequences to my clients and let them decide on how they want to proceed.

It is probably best you discuss this with your agent and seek clarification of their way of doing things.

Reactions: Cathy48 and vand134
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.