Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's taken 2 months of collating evidence and working through the online application, but finally I've submitted my 309/100 visa application

I had all of my evidence categorised based on how I'd read the uploading documents screen was laid out on the IMMI website - so have managed to quickly upload almost everything but had a couple remaining questions.

• I have applied for a UK police check. Once I receive this back in the form of a certificate, under which category should it be uploaded?
  • I have already completed and uploaded a Form 80 under the 'Character, Evidence Of' category although I see it also appears as a category it its own right. Do I ALSO need to complete a Form 1221? (seems like duplicate of much of Form 80) and is it necessary to upload the Form 80 more than once?

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have applied for a UK police check. Once I receive this back in the form of a certificate, under which category should it be uploaded?
Character, Evidence of has a subcategory of "Overseas Police Clearance - National"- this is where we put ours.

I have already completed and uploaded a Form 80 under the 'Character, Evidence Of' category although I see it also appears as a category it its own right. Do I ALSO need to complete a Form 1221?
No.

and is it necessary to upload the Form 80 more than once?
No. You should only upload each document once, even if the same document would fit in more than one category.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Character, Evidence of has a subcategory of "Overseas Police Clearance - National"- this is where we put ours.

No.

No. You should only upload each document once, even if the same document would fit in more than one category.
Thanks!!!
I have the same questions. all my utilities bills and other are already under financial aspects of the relationship, so the Household aspects has many documents that I won't update otherwise they would be duplicate.

Do you know if you "go to the back of the line" if you upload documents later on?

thanks!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I never even considered where to upload the information...
Our police clearances went under Identity...

Is it a concern?
As long as the files are clearly named it shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
794 Posts
keiller84
sorry i have questions also
when I pay the fee (7000$) for visa 309/100 before submit or after submit online ?
You proceed through to the final steps of the application, submit and you'll come to a payment screen.

·
Registered
794 Posts
i have concerns of online payment, the payment may be stopped from the bank
Is there another way to pay, via the Embassy? Or from within Australia?
You can pay by BPAY from an Australian bank account. Don't think it's possible to pay in person if you're submitting the application online,

·
Registered
794 Posts
Thanks @tijanaoc that's put my mind at ease!

Looks like you experienced a pretty quick turnaround with your 309/100 application, 4 months from submission until approval?
Yep. My husband did his medical about two months after we submitted the app, without being asked. Same with police clearances (I also did my police clearances as sponsor, without being asked).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah this is how we are approaching it as well. I submitted my application yesterday but have already applied for a Police Check and have my Health Check appointment next week.

How long was it before you received notice of being assigned a Case Officer - or did you just not get any correspondence until the approval came through in August?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Did you combine all of your statutory declarations into one PDF? We've ended up with 4 from Australian citizens and 4 from the UK.
We had three total. We combined them into one, but have since read you're not suppose to combine those.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.