Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! :D

I'll start with a bit of back story:
I am originally from the UK and I met my partner whilst he was over there playing cricket back in the middle of 2014.
By the end of 2014 (December) we made our relationship official.
We did not live together while in was in the UK.
In November 2015, he decided to come home and as I had work commitments due to the Christmas period, I decided to stay home and come out in January 2016.
We have been living together since January 2016 (living at his parents house) and I have been on a WHV 1 and 2 and now currently applying for a partner visa online with Immi Account.

I have been back and forth will the idea of hiring an immigration agent. However at the moment, I feel like our case isn't complicated and would be a waste of money (we are trying to save for a place of our own)

As I am going alone, I was hoping anyone that has been in my position could give me any tips or advice? I've done so much research but still not feeling 100% confident. Anything would be great!!!

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Leah :D

· Registered
6,928 Posts
Get everything sorted in way of evidence (don't get forms 888 signed or dated or witnessed yet but get them they take long)

Do not do police or medicals

After you get the evidences consult a RMA for an initial consultation it will be between $150 -200 from what we have been informed by a few good RMA's.

*** You will have a better understanding of the process and better understand what the RMA will be telling you. After this work out if you are still happy to do your own application or use the full service of the RMA.

· Registered
13 Posts
Get everything sorted in way of evidence (don't get forms 888 signed or dated or witnessed yet but get them they take long)

After you get the evidences consult a RMA for an initial consultation it will be between $150 -200 from what we have been informed by a few good RMA's.

*** You will have a better understanding of the process and better understand what the RMA will be telling you. After this work out if you are still happy to do your own application or use the full service of the RMA.
I second booking an initial consultation with a registered migration agent/lawyer. It is only a fraction of the cost and non-binding, however you can ask all the questions you may be unsure about. Furthermore, you can go through all your evidence together and he/she will be able to gauge how strong your case is and may suggest further evidence or tell you you're good to go :) I

· Registered
34 Posts
I have been back and forth will the idea of hiring an immigration agent. However at the moment, I feel like our case isn't complicated and would be a waste of money (we are trying to save for a place of our own)

but still not feeling 100% confident

Leah :D
It seems like you're not confident and you're worried that going with an agent is a "waste of money".

First of all, an initial consultation would only cost you $150-200 as per several forum suggestions.

If you're not 100% confident, then why would you chance wasting your $7000 application?

The prudent choice would be to spend an extra minimal amount compared to the application costs and get advice from one of the many qualified immigration agents on this forum to provide you with the 100% confidence you want, before submitting your application.

Reactions: tijanaoc

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for the advice, appreciate it!
I already have most of the evidence, apart from the forms which I am still waiting back from people (and will probably be waiting a while!)

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thank you so much for the advice! I'll hold off on the medicals and police checks until they ask for them.
I am still waiting for the forms back and I am aware that's gonna take a while!! :D

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I second booking an initial consultation with a registered migration agent/lawyer. It is only a fraction of the cost and non-binding, however you can ask all the questions you may be unsure about. Furthermore, you can go through all your evidence together and he/she will be able to gauge how strong your case is and may suggest further evidence or tell you you're good to go :) I
Thank you so much for the advice! So I'll just go ahead and collect everything up (still could take a while!) and then contact an agent?

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It seems like you're not confident and you're worried that going with an agent is a "waste of money".

First of all, an initial consultation would only cost you $150-200 as per several forum suggestions.

If you're not 100% confident, then why would you chance wasting your $7000 application?

The prudent choice would be to spend an extra minimal amount compared to the application costs and get advice from one of the many qualified immigration agents on this forum to provide you with the 100% confidence you want, before submitting your application.
I only say a waste of money because I have read a lot of posts on this forum from people who have said you'll only really need an agent if your case is complicated and our case isn't.
Thank you for the advice though, I will definitely get onto someone who can provide me with 100% confidence! :)

· Registered
6,928 Posts
If your case is complicated or you are not capable of understanding the application requirements.

There are many that fall into the second category, there seem to be a few of them at the AAT/MRT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.