Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
New to this forum. I met my boyfriend 7 months ago in June whilst on a business trip to India. We became good friends during this visit and kept in touch mostly through whatsapp and a few facetime calls when I returned. I returned on business in October last year and we started our relationship. Since returning we continue to talk through whatsapp and talk for hours a day on Facetime. I am hoping to return to India again on business soon. We discussed him moving to Australia and we are now looking at what relationship proof we will need to provide. I am a bit overwhelmed with all of this information. I really have 2 questions:
1. We live in different countries and unable to meet some requirements, like having a joint bank account, lease agreement etc. Any advice on proof of relationship status whilst living in different countries?
I read also about waiting lists. If we apply in 12 months, does this mean that it will be another 2 years on top of this before it is approved and he can come here? So he couldnt come for 3 years? What are our best options to get him over here as soon as possible in about 12 months?
We plan to marry in India in about 6 months time.
Sorry, Im new here, not sure where to post or how to even start this! A bit stressed out.
Thanks anyone that can help point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Getting married in 6 months might turn out to be a very big mistake.

At this point your only real option is the PMV Prospective Marriage Visa - it will meet aroundish your 12 month him being in Australia requirement, but you can not marry before and if approved must enter Australia first then you can return to India to get married.

* First see if you meet requirements.
* Then see if you have the evidence.
*Only then apply.

Most of what you have posted sound much like dating and sorry that means you have about Zero evidence for a 309 Partner or the 820 Visa.

·
Super Moderator
2,099 Posts
I met my boyfriend
Never use these words in any reference to a partner visa as they indicate you are only dating!
As AMPK has already said do your research, and when you think you are ready, pay a Regiistered Migration Agent to review your application. Much better than learning a very expensive lesson.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most of what you have posted sound much like dating and sorry that means you have about Zero evidence for a 309 Partner or the 820 Visa.
Thank you, appreciate the response. I am well aware we have zero evidence for the visas. As mentioned, we are not looking to even start applying for another 12 months. Thats why I am here, to start to do my research so that I understand the requirements and ensure that we meet the criteria before even thinking of applying.
I did quickly view the prospective marriage visa but it read as though you need this visa to come to australia to marry. Looks as though I misunderstood. I will take another look at this.

And I will replace the word boyfriend with partner!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.