Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I’m from Philippines. I currently have a tourist visa without a “no further stay” condition. Do you think it is possible to stay in Australia, get married, and apply for a Partner Visa since I dont have the no further stay condition?

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Gettin married does not guarantee a partner visa. What you need is evidence of your relationship being de facto prior to applying. If you don't have that evidence and plenty of it, it won't matter if you're married or not, you'll be denied a partner visa.

If it were aa simple as just marrying someone for a visa, everyone would do it. Fortunately it doesn't work that way to come to Australia.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
From your other posts, you've been in a relationship with an Australian for 7 months and haven't met in person yet. I wouldn't hold much hope of your visa being granted without the assistance of a migration agent and even using an agent isn't a guarantee of a successful application.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi guys, I'm from Philippines. I currently have a tourist visa without a "no further stay" condition. Do you think it is possible to stay in Australia, get married, and apply for a Partner Visa since I dont have the no further stay condition?
Yes it is possible, but without meeting all the visa requirements and strong relationship evidence, it is doomed to fail.

Reactions: nice guy

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
From your other posts, you've been in a relationship with an Australian for 7 months and haven't met in person yet. I wouldn't hold much hope of your visa being granted without the assistance of a migration agent and even using an agent isn't a guarantee of a successful application.
This. For the OP, it sure sounds like you think just being married will get you the visa but it won't.

According to immigration, you haven't even begun logging time as de facto yet since you haven't met in person:

"My partner and I met over the internet and we established a close relationship before we had physically met. Can the time since we began our relationship before meeting be considered as part of the relationship requirement period?

No. In order to be in a de facto relationship, you must be able to demonstrate that you have met and have lived together, even if you later lived apart temporarily. The one year relationship requirement will only commence once you have established a de facto relationship."

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m coming to Aus on July and probably stay for a month, our de facto relationship will begin by then right? Do we need to complete first the 12 month de facto relationship before applying for the partner visa?

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
I'm coming to Aus on July and probably stay for a month, our de facto relationship will begin by then right? Do we need to complete first the 12 month de facto relationship before applying for the partner visa?
To get a partner visa you basically need to be together for about 12 months.
You can register a relationship in some states, but you would still have difficulties with only 1 month together.

We did the PMV route as we had only lived together for 9 months, although we met 14 months before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.