Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Kim and I am Australian currently living in USA with my husband of 8 years and our 6 yr old son. We want to relocate to Australia so have started the visa process for my husband. We have submitted paperwork recieved a case officer and did his medical this week. I am waiting for the police checks to come back. We should have no problem with these as my husband is a corrections officer for the state of New York.
I am worried about the health check as my husband has type 2 diabetes that is managed with medicine and diet and exercise. Does anyone know if this will be a problem?
I am so glad I found this site.
Thanks Kimaussie

·
Registered
833 Posts
Since you are an Australian they grant a lot of leniency with medicals. For a skilled migrant it will probably be an issue, but in your case I wouldn't worry at all. Having an Australian partner and kids turns the paperwork into a mere formality.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bobo,

Thank you so much I needed to hear that. At the beginning I did think it was going to be easy but then the further you get into it the more worried you become. I am hoping because we have been married for 8 years and have a child the process will go quickly.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.