Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm looking for some advice please.
I am married to an Australian Citizen, we've been married for two years and together 7. We have two children together, who are 4 and 1. They will be getting Australian passports. I have just completed the application for migration to Australia by a partner, I haven't submitted it yet, as I am unaware as to whether I should include my children on my application?
I have put them in the section that asks for details of close family, but have answered 'no' to 'any family members on this application migrating' Im not sure whether to change this?

Thanks in advance.

Also, before I submit should I have witness statement forms ready to go?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I am married to an Australian Citizen, we've been married for two years and together 7. We have two children together, who are 4 and 1. They will be getting Australian passports. I have just completed the application for migration to Australia by a partner, I haven't submitted it yet, as I am unaware as to whether I should include my children on my application?
Are your children migrating with you and your husband to Australia? I would wait until you have their passports, just in case. I mean, they're Australian Citizens by descent, I'm just not sure how that would work. Perhaps a consult with a RMA would be beneficial to clear up anything you aren't sure of? Lots around these parts :)

Before you submit your application and pay, you should have everything ready. You don't want to be caught with your pants down, so to speak.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I have put them in the section that asks for details of close family, but have answered 'no' to 'any family members on this application migrating' Im not sure whether to change this?
Do they have their citizenship by descent already? If they do, you would do as you have done (immediate family, but not migrating family). If they don't have their citizenship by descent yet, get that sorted out first before lodging the visa application, because if you don't they would have to be included as migrating family and be subject to additional visa fees and medical checks.

Yes. As Eh? said, you should have everything ready to go. From personal experience witness statements can take a while to get back from your witnesses, so make sure not to lodge your application until they are all in hand.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yes. As Eh? said, you should have everything ready to go. From personal experience witness statements can take a while to get back from your witnesses, so make sure not to lodge your application until they are all in hand.
Man, does it ever. We've got ours now, but both of us being in Canada and her family being in Australia, it took us some time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello! My husband went to Edinburgh today to renew his Australian passport, which had expired, he left Australia 12 years ago - so we now have to wait for this before we can apply for our childrens? citizenship!
Thank you so much for your answers. Very helpful indeed. I?ll wait until we have everything in place before I lodge my application!
Such a process....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forgot to say, we live in Scotland! The Australian Embassy have an outreach in Edinburgh ?occasionally?...

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
You talk about our children and my children, are there children from a previous relationship? Or are they the same children? If they are just finalise their citizenship and you don't have to worry about them as they are no longer migrating with you.
There is no Australian Embassy in the UK, only the Australian High Commission in London, though the passport office does regular road trips around the UK.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You talk about our children and my children, are there children from a previous relationship? Or are they the same children? If they are just finalise their citizenship and you don't have to worry about them as they are no longer migrating with you.
There is no Australian Embassy in the UK, only the Australian High Commission in London, though the passport office does regular road trips around the UK.
Yes it was Australian High Commission in edinburgh yesterday... I get confus

Yes the same children, we have two together, none from previous relationship! Sorry if that wasn?t clear!

Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks in advance.

For getting visa, child must be :
sponsored by their parent or their parent's partner
single
younger than 18 years of age, or

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For getting visa, child must be :
sponsored by their parent or their parent's partner
single
younger than 18 years of age, or[/QUOTE]

Out children will be Australian Citizens, they do not need visas. Thank you x

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did this for my son, applied for an australian citizenship by descent and applied for an australian passport. 1 problem down. All I have to do is apply for my visa

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.