Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Hello, I'm looking for some advice please.
I am married to an Australian Citizen, we've been married for two years and together 7. We have two children together, who are 4 and 1. They will be getting Australian passports. I have just completed the application for migration to Australia by a partner, I haven't submitted it yet, as I am unaware as to whether I should include my children on my application?
I have put them in the section that asks for details of close family, but have answered 'no' to 'any family members on this application migrating' Im not sure whether to change this?
Do they have their citizenship by descent already? If they do, you would do as you have done (immediate family, but not migrating family). If they don't have their citizenship by descent yet, get that sorted out first before lodging the visa application, because if you don't they would have to be included as migrating family and be subject to additional visa fees and medical checks.

Also, before I submit should I have witness statement forms ready to go?
Yes. As Eh? said, you should have everything ready to go. From personal experience witness statements can take a while to get back from your witnesses, so make sure not to lodge your application until they are all in hand.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.