Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my partner and I have recently Submitted our partner visa online and we decided NOT to do up stat dec. for all of our statement etc. because we are very confident that we have more than enough evidence to support our application. ANYWAY (we did only stat dec for the ones that were compulsory) now we are both in oz so it lodged onshore and we are waiting (and uploading any docz we feel we forgot about etc.) now on my partners application via immi account I have noticed that when you go to attach documents it say's 'Applicant' and under applicant it has my partner name and then under my partner name it also has my name?! I am super worried...why would they have both our names under applicant or is that normal? please help, have we done anything wrong on our application for them to have both our names down as applicant?? Pls help :(

I have copied and pasted exaclty what it lookz like below on my partner immi account -

Application home

Application status: Received
Applicants
******, Tom (10 Oct 1991)
*********, Carly (10 Oct 1991) - *changed birth dates

so top applicant is my partner and I am the sponsor and my name i the bottom one?

Agh im so confused

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe You can call or email immigration to resolve any issue in ImmiAccount

Also would you mind sharing your evidence list?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
A personal statement is a requirement from both the applicant and the sponsor. The online boxes in the forms count as the personal statements OR you can choose to just type one up and upload it separately. It doesn't need to be witnessed or anything if you do it that way, just signed and dated. But you have to do one or the other.

As for the other part, just call the immi help desk and question it. Even if you don't do that, I wouldn't stress about it. The CO isn't stupid and will know you're the sponsor, and likely will have encountered the issue before.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A personal statement is a requirement from both the applicant and the sponsor. The online boxes in the forms count as the personal statements OR you can choose to just type one up and upload it separately. It doesn't need to be witnessed or anything if you do it that way, just signed and dated. But you have to do one or the other.

As for the other part, just call the immi help desk and question it. Even if you don't do that, I wouldn't stress about it. The CO isn't stupid and will know you're the sponsor, and likely will have encountered the issue before.
Thanks for that :) Well the grant letter was only addressed to my partner so im assuming they know who is who, that bit just confused me but thank you ill ring them - oh, and we both uploaded our statements as an attachment because they were both about 4-5 page long....well mine was anyway :/ it was dated and signed :). We did this for all of our them because 2000 was not enough for anything :/

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Eddie,
I find that statutory declaration is essential and add volume to your partner application.
Just make sure you did provide enough for these four aspects
evidence for the financial aspect,
evidence of the household,
The social aspect And your commitment to each other.
If you did not or can not evident them all, you might want to reconsider uploading yours and the sponsor's stat decs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Eddie,
I find that statutory declaration is essential and add volume to your partner application.
Just make sure you did provide enough for these four aspects
evidence for the financial aspect,
evidence of the household,
The social aspect And your commitment to each other.
If you did not or can not evident them all, you might want to reconsider uploading yours and the sponsor's stat decs.
Hi there, thanks for that :)

We have a son together who is 1 in May :) and we also have a long list of evidence of contact while apart, photos, itineraries, phone logs txts calls etc.
Joint bank statement
stat dec form 888 x2
Invitations to birthdays
My sisters wedding
Bbq at friends place etc.
2 cars together
Hes signed on our sons birth cert (might not mean much, but its there)

I believe we have a lot of evidence - i hope so anyway!

Also, I have the option to upload documents twice. One on the sponsors application and also one on my partners application - is that normal?

So i have been uploading under both applications under my name (applicant has his own separate place to upload his)
I hope it is being received by immigration as my 60 uploads is full on my sponsor visa application so I have added more attachments under my name on my partners application

I hope that makes sense - and i hope its fine for me to do so!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi there, thanks for that :)

We have a son together who is 1 in May :) and we also have a long list of evidence of contact while apart, photos, itineraries, phone logs txts calls etc.
Joint bank statement
stat dec form 888 x2
Invitations to birthdays
My sisters wedding
2 cars together

Also, I have the option to upload documents twice. One on the sponsors application and also one on my partners application - is that normal?

So i have been uploading under both applications under my name (applicant has his own separate place to upload his)
I hope it is being received by immigration as my 60 uploads is full on my sponsor visa application so I have added more attachments under my name on my partners application

No need to upload twice under each and yes it's normal to have the ability to upload under each of you.

For our two applications (both of which were granted), I put all of the application requirements from the immigration checklist under my name and my partner uploaded all of his identity information under his name (sponsor). We ended up only using around 30 upload slots in total between the two of us by combining like evidences but uploading required items individually.

Try not to use all of the upload slots. You may need them if a CO requests something further from you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe You can call or email immigration to resolve any issue in ImmiAccount

Also would you mind sharing your evidence list?
Thanks John

I cant quite remember everything off the top of my head but this is what I do remember ...

Evidence list for me (sponsor)
Financial
joint bank account
Our finances shared between us two e.g highlighted our groceries clothes shopping etc. for the both of us as well as our son
Money transfers from eachother
Western union receipts
Cant remember what else but there was abit more added in this area

Social evidence
photos of us out and about with others and together
Invites to bdays, weddings etc.
Evidence of us joining a cricket team
and playing together

Household
I took a photo of our room e.g his side of wardrobe and mine as well as our shoes and everything together
I showed pics of us gardening together and also my partner gardening with my father
Bills together
Evidence of grocery shopping together
Mail addressed to both of us at my home
Mail addressed to my partner at our home

Everything else added - Call logs
screenshots of msgs from when we first started dating to now
as well as photos
Photos
Photos with our son
photos with both sides of our family
bank statements
Payslips
Evidence that we are planning to get married e.g notebook and dates on calenders

Sorry I cant think of anything else we added but this is pretty much it and a few other documents oh and our statements of our relationship - we also havent done our police check or have been asked to do a health check because they say they have a 1 yr validity and sometimes they dont check our application within a yr and they expire so we have to do another one again so just before it hits 12months of us waiting we will do our police check etc.
.Hope this helps, sorry if it doesnt really make sense im trying to be quick so my son doesnt wake up lol

Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No need to upload twice under each and yes it's normal to have the ability to upload under each of you.

For our two applications (both of which were granted), I put all of the application requirements from the immigration checklist under my name and my partner uploaded all of his identity information under his name (sponsor). We ended up only using around 30 upload slots in total between the two of us by combining like evidences but uploading required items individually.

Try not to use all of the upload slots. You may need them if a CO requests something further from you.[/QUOTE]

I see what you mean - I have so much to upload though e.g phone logs. msgs. pics etc. All the important info is all uploaded under me (sponsor) and for the applicant hes uploaded the important docs that is required by him too...we are just now in the process of uploading evidence and we have a lot of it. Ive even tried combining them on photogrid showing dates time etc. too but its still alot.....

And also with the application what I meant to say is I (sponsor) have 2 x 60 uploads. So under the sponsor application i am given max of 60 uploads and also under my partners application I am also given 60 uploads AS WELL as his 60 so all together I have 120 uploads...im trying to make this make sense and i really hope it is -.- i am exhausted but cant sleep because I am abit worried about this

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi there, thanks for that

We have a son together who is 1 in May
and we also have a long list of evidence of contact while apart, photos, itineraries, phone logs txts calls etc.
Joint bank statement
stat dec form 888 x2
Invitations to birthdays
My sisters wedding
2 cars together

Try not to use all of the upload slots. You may need them if a CO requests something further from you.
I see what you mean - I have so much to upload though e.g phone logs. msgs. pics etc. All the important info is all uploaded under me (sponsor) and for the applicant hes uploaded the important docs that is required by him too...we are just now in the process of uploading evidence and we have a lot of it. Ive even tried combining them on photogrid showing dates time etc. too but its still alot.....

And also with the application what I meant to say is I (sponsor) have 2 x 60 uploads. So under the sponsor application i am given max of 60 uploads and also under my partners application I am also given 60 uploads AS WELL as his 60 so all together I have 120 uploads...im trying to make this make sense and i really hope it is -.- i am exhausted but cant sleep because I am abit worried about this

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I wouldn't use more than 60 in case that's a glitch in the system. And like I said, leave plenty of space for requested items. It is not rare to have a CO re-request something and you'll want that upload space to be able to supply it. And of course you'll need space to upload police checks for both of you when requested if you haven't done it already.

Upload all the required stuff first (identity docs, form 888s, form 80, etc) before you use up all your space with evidence. It's easy to go overboard on evidence but you need to make sure the required items have been uploaded.

Things like pictures should only take one upload slot as you can put them all into one pdf and you don't need to go overboard, 20-30 is a good number. Quality over quantity. Phone logs and messages can be in one pdf. Joint bills can go into one pdf, and so on.

Think about organizing things by combining like evidences into one pdf.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks so much for that! I didnt know you could do that UGH! I may have just wasted a few uploads dang it but thank you, your help is so, so appreciated!!! - ill def double check and go over and make shre all required docs are done first before going overboard on evidence lol

thank you again!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
P.S sorry, Ive logged into my partners immi account and this is what it has on his

Both our names are down as applicants???

So im confused as to why because i also have my own immi account (sponsor) so when my partner goes to attach documents under his application my name is underneath and also gives the option to attach 60 documents.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Yeah, they've done some upgrades to the online system and this could just be an issue. You can contact the immi help desk and ask about it.

I mean, personally I wouldn't worry too much as the CO is going to know which is the sponsor and which is the applicant regardless.

Let us know when you figure it out though!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.