Australia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I recently lodged my De facto partner visa and I am filling out Form 80 which is the personal assessment thing. On the end part, it asks if “have you or any other person included in this application ever:” basically asks about previous convictions. So my question is my partner had previous convictions (not anything serious) does that mean i have to tick the ‘yes box’? Or are they just asking for me and my dependents?

I was planning to just declare it on his own character reference form. What should I do?

Hope someone can help

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Make 100% certain that you do not answer no to any police matters, if there are any, or fail to answer at any stage for any party involved and if you have, correct it.

A minor police matter is not likely to aversely affect an application, but misleading the minister about it (even inadvertently) could be fatal.

It is amazing how many people 'forget' about police matters until they find them listed on a police report. There are also some who apply for partner visas and have forgotten that they are already married to another party. Failing to declare all children happens from time to time. False work experience and false acaemic qualification claims are quite common.

If an applicant submits false or misleading information, or someone else does so, the result could be catastrophic. Immigration used to work on a policy of assessing information that might be taken into account in deciding an appication. Following a court ruling any information submitted can be assessed.

The following appears on all my service agreements:

*Please note: Under the Migration Agents Code of Conduct a Registered Migration Agent is liable to severe sanctions for submitting fraudulent documents or misleading information that he or she knew, or should have known, were fraudulent or misleading. If you provide us with fraudulent documents or misleading information or allow another party to do so we will at our sole discretion terminate this agreement on such terms as we see fit. Under Regulation 4020 applicants who submit fraudulent documents or provide misleading information stand to have visas refused, or if granted to have them cancelled and to face a lengthy exclusion period.

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Here is one case:

An applicant had an official document that was in error. She uploaded it, with an expalnation that a corrcted version would follow. The outcome was - fraudulent document submitted, visa refused.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Make 100% certain that you do not answer no to any police matters, if there are any, or fail to answer at any stage for any party involved and if you have, correct it.

A minor police matter is not likely to aversely affect an application, but misleading the minister about it (even inadvertently) could be fatal.

I'm not trying to hide the convictions. I'm just confused where to declare it since it's my name on the application and it doesn't specifically ask about my partner's convictions.

The form 80 asks basically all about my details thats my I'm not sure whether to tick 'yes'

It is amazing how many people 'forget' about police matters until they find them listed on a police report. There are also some who apply for partner visas and have forgotten that they are already married to another party. Failing to declare all children happens from time to time. False work experience and false acaemic qualification claims are quite common.

If an applicant submits false or misleading information, or someone else does so, the result could be catastrophic. Immigration used to work on a policy of assessing information that might be taken into account in deciding an appication. Following a court ruling any information submitted can be assessed.

The following appears on all my service agreements:

*Please note: Under the Migration Agents Code of Conduct a Registered Migration Agent is liable to severe sanctions for submitting fraudulent documents or misleading information that he or she knew, or should have known, were fraudulent or misleading. If you provide us with fraudulent documents or misleading information or allow another party to do so we will at our sole discretion terminate this agreement on such terms as we see fit. Under Regulation 4020 applicants who submit fraudulent documents or provide misleading information stand to have visas refused, or if granted to have them cancelled and to face a lengthy exclusion period.
I'm not trying to hide the convictions. I'm just confused where to declare it since it's my name on the application and it doesn't specifically ask about my partner's convictions.

The form 80 asks basically all about my details thats my I'm not sure whether to tick 'yes'

Now my question is where do I declare my partner's convictions other than the police clearance?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.